IGNORED

Millipede 5200

rushguy

It is only a proto, like many games for the 5200 that were in development before development was halted. Many of these games are pretty much complete, but others were in various stages of development. It's been a while since I played Millipede, so I'll have to fire that up again and see how...rough it is.

..Al

Read the review on video game critic saying it was sloppy , choppy and way too easy , not sure if this is same version. How does this game compare to the 5200 cenipede in terms of gameplay and graphics?

I'm not sure I'd use Video Game Critic as the standard bearer of what I would call "fair" reviews. Here's a review on AtariProtos.com that suggests the game was pretty much complete, polished, and ready to ship:

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/millipede/millipede.htm

..Al

I'm not sure I'd use Video Game Critic as the standard bearer of what I would call "fair" reviews. Here's a review on AtariProtos.com that suggests the game was pretty much complete, polished, and ready to ship:

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/millipede/millipede.htm

..Al

There two versions 1-5-84 nearly complete version and 1/31/84 final version . Which one is Atari age store selling? Edited by rushguy

Read the review on video game critic saying it was sloppy , choppy and way too easy , not sure if this is same version. How does this game compare to the 5200 cenipede in terms of gameplay and graphics?

I been playing it and it blows centipede out. So don't read the reviews! Try it out for yourself..

Wow, Did you played it with a stick or trackball?

Trak-Ball and it plays really well. I'm amazed at the number of enemies that come at you in this game. If this isn't the nearly complete ROM, then I'd love to try that one.

I just got playing it with my Redemption 5200 with gold-plated CX52 (for the keypad) and 2600 trak-ball (the 5200 trak-ball is malfunctioning BIG-TIME) and it has literally brought my 5200 back to life and is one of my favorite games in my lineup, the trak-ball response is fantastic and this game is DEFINITELY a pickup that should be in everyone's 5200 collection, it's even better than Centipede was and that is a great game too!!! (I have had Centipede since June 1983, picked it up with one of my two 5200 TB units back then)