IGNORED

S-video mod

danny_galaga

Like so. My Atari 2600 had really bad RF out. Way 'snowier' than normal so I figured it was probably just the RF circuit so why not mod it. Results are striking. Well worth the effort (",)

It uses a 'daughterboard' that someone local to me gave me to try out. You can see it in the second pic, sitting next to the original RF unit, just above where the original coax connected o the motherboard. My model had the coax permanently attached. I used an old cable I had lying around, but I have ordered an aftermarket gamecube s-video cable. This has a round cross section. It will be thicker than the original but will still look the part, and it means I don;t have to do any drilling :grin:

post-10479-0-54780400-1467554405_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-70387500-1467554423_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finally finished off the mod. I was waiting on a cable, which I bought from China and it disappeared somewhere along the way. So I bought one in Australia and it arrived a few days later. I am using an aftermarket Gamecube S-video cable with round cross section cable. These things are useless for actual Gamecubes as the signal tends to degrade, but great for 8 bit modding (",)

post-10479-0-49757800-1472639189_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-34133900-1472639203_thumb.jpg