IGNORED

Nuon Game System Talk & Discussion

11 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I don’t have a controller and do not care about gossip either. If there is a preorder let me know, but until then no amount of talk makes any difference to me :)

OK so I don't have a preorder link but I got off of facebook a Carl from Songbird reply that he has a new controller coming out mid year.  This is not official this is just gossip.  I did send 2 of my controllers to Carl about a week ago a stealth and logitech for the analog so he could get the inputs and then BAM

the rumors start flying but I am just glad I was able to help and just wait until it is official from Carl before you hold me to this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Helper said:

OK so I don't have a preorder link but I got off of facebook a Carl from Songbird reply that he has a new controller coming out mid year.  This is not official this is just gossip.  I did send 2 of my controllers to Carl about a week ago a stealth and logitech for the analog so he could get the inputs and then BAM

the rumors start flying but I am just glad I was able to help and just wait until it is official from Carl before you hold me to this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Helper said:

lol once you won the controller you do not care about the controller gossip anymore :) because you already got yours i see how it is lol

Ha! I'm still quite interested in Songbird's controller progress. I also love how it's poetic justice that Yak twister guy could have made a killing selling his polyface chips and controller boards for years, yet he mostly sat on them and now no one needs them or him. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Ha! I'm still quite interested in Songbird's controller progress. I also love how it's poetic justice that Yak twister guy could have made a killing selling his polyface chips and controller boards for years, yet he mostly sat on them and now no one needs them or him. 

It is sweet justice right?  Dickheads standing in the way of progress Go NUON!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Helper said:

I never had a doubt that Carl was working on something.   Sounds promising and looking forward to it.   I have controllers, but would love for more people to get to experience the Nuon.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, sixersfan105 said:

It's been a while but I have. Quality game. 

When I get the Authentication Tools worked out Decaying Orbit would be the first game I would try to get released!  If anyone wants to steal my idea feel free but I think I am pretty safe in putting my plan out here :)

Edited by The Helper
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, The Helper said:

When I get the Authentication Tools worked out Decaying Orbit would be the first game I would try to get released!  If anyone wants to steal my idea feel free but I think I am pretty safe in putting my plan out here :)

Great idea! Like a full retail-style release on disc with case and manual? Love it.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

I see someone playin Iron Soldier 3 with a Logitech NUON controller ?

That is what the untrained eye would see I guess :)  I see things happening... weird looking devices in boxes around the unit on something like a workbench... my logitech controller somewhere else because that is not my bench... stay tuned!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, joeyaage said:

Anybody know anything about these controllers? I think they might be prototypes. I don't know if they are wired up correctly. Note: there's is no analogue controller on the pad.20220309_082918.thumb.jpg.f6ed806b58d93f441e4b611aac8e3bc9.jpg20220309_082901.thumb.jpg.9d87f3305a67efad8de3336d3fabf6a5.jpg20220309_082823.thumb.jpg.f4df8edbe0337ca86ec74e9761864aa2.jpg20220309_082756.thumb.jpg.32d36e29b643c60b42b18f30270e2af7.jpg

That's just a standard issue HPI Warrior controller right there. Same as the re-skinned Samsung-branded controller (which HPI made) that came bundled with the Samsung N2000 player. You're right re no analog. Digital only. Here are more details: https://www.nuon-dome.com/hard_warrior.html

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 2:38 AM, joeyaage said:

Anybody know anything about these controllers? I think they might be prototypes. I don't know if they are wired up correctly. Note: there's is no analogue controller on the pad.20220309_082918.thumb.jpg.f6ed806b58d93f441e4b611aac8e3bc9.jpg20220309_082901.thumb.jpg.9d87f3305a67efad8de3336d3fabf6a5.jpg20220309_082823.thumb.jpg.f4df8edbe0337ca86ec74e9761864aa2.jpg20220309_082756.thumb.jpg.32d36e29b643c60b42b18f30270e2af7.jpg

Man I love those colorful rounded game pad buttons they had.  The Nuon was so optimistic and cheerly.   Product of 1999-2000.

• Like 1

The weird thing about the HPI Warrior gamepad...is that the one that came bundled with the Samsung N2000 (with the green buttons) has a completely different feel to it (the dome switches are sloppier and less responsive -- very noticeable).

The red button version was the mass market release and had much better switches.

It was actually my favorite NUON controller when it came to actual gaming.  Never warmed up to the Logitech or the HPI Stealth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, AltRN8 said:

Got the signing software working and was able to test out a DVD on a commercial player with test3d app on it. Fun times.

IMG_7797.jpeg

Holy shit!  What was the secret to getting the disc signed?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

Wow, super-cool! Can you share more details?

Yeah, I'll release some details in a little bit. In the mean time anyone willing to test this out. Should just need to burn the ISO to a DVD. I don't have a controller to get beyond the launch screen. Anyone got a spare? ;) 

IMG_7798.jpeg

CHOMP.iso

• Like 4