IGNORED

Porting C64-Archiv file management for Atari

Madi

In my continue of searching for a good Atari file management program, I have approached Mike the author of the C64-Archiv.

http://www.purmike.de/documents/c64archiv_en.html

I asked him if he is willing to port his famous software archive program for C4 or make a similar one for ATARI. I am happy that he took my request seriously and positively. I believe that with the usual help and support from Atariage community, we will have an excellent file management for Atari computers.

As far as I know, Mike has already have a username: purmike

Let us give purmike a warm Welcome to Atari community.

madi

post-37046-0-96207500-1467585540_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi, I hope to release in a couple of days a beta version. Unfortunately the Atari-Archiv only runs under win.

Until now there is support for the emulators Altirra, Atarii++ and Atari800.

To support Atari800Win (4.1) I need more informations about the command line params.

I know the params are similiar to Atari800. But I cannot find a special list (the param "-help" doesn't work).

Does anybody know something about it?

post-47161-0-14017800-1470862741_thumb.jpg

Edited by purmike
  • Like 8

Yay...Something wonderful and new for the Atari...Welcome Purmike...All coding and help extremely appreciated...

As a part of the ream involved in making the Gamepack in my sig I can say any databasing addition is greatly wanted...

Paul...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Welcome purmike to Atari community.

I bet you, you have been working very hard during the last few weeks at the new project and for that, we appreciate the great efforts you are putting in.

With regards to the command line switches , I am not aware of such list in existence. I tried to search for some info but with little use.

But I think that ATARI800 switches can be used by ATARI800WIN plus (at least most of them) either by creating a front line application or use the Windows Command prompt to pass them.

I tested several of the switches by my self successfully e,.g

Atari800Win.exe -atari <filename>

Atari800Win.exe -run <filename>

Atari800Win.exe -basic_rom <filename>

Atari800Win.exe -cart <filename>

Also, find attached, a text file of command lists used by Atari800.

Thank you once again

madi

Startup Switches for atari800.txt

Hi, I hope to release in a couple of days a beta version. Unfortunately the Atari-Archiv only runs under win.

Until now there is support for the emulators Altirra, Atarii++ and Atari800.

To support Atari800Win (4.1) I need more informations about the command line params.

I know the params are similiar to Atari800. But I cannot find a special list (the param "-help" doesn't work).

Does anybody know something about it?

attachicon.gifAtari-Archiv 1.0beta.jpg

Have a look at this file, there the Command line uses in there with the usual - usage .. I think there's more but even as a beta tester for it I've not used it in years, Altirra is the most advanced emulator out there...

Atari800Win.txt

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

Thanks for your help! Thats right. Most of the switches from Atari800 can be used by Atari800Win.

I am wondering why there isn't an "official" description...

A big Atari welcome to you! Looking forward to trying this and better organizing my Atari files. One option I would like to see is to also interface or be a front-end to RespeQt -- to automatically mount an ATR or XEX/BIN to D1: and boot on real Atari hardware.

There are already exist programms to automatically mount and boot files on a real atari?

With the Atari-Archiv you can start every programm with command line arguments. I could check if its possible...

Edited by purmike

A.P.E, AspeQt, RespQt and Atari810 are all PC programs to simulate real Atari drives and boot from the PC to real Atari hardware with a special SIO2PC RS232 or USB adapters. Atarians have enjoyed this ability since the late 80's or early 90's. A.P.E even has Prosystem app with it that allows you to write ATR images back to a real Atari disk drive or real disks to ATR images, with the special 1050toPC adapter. There are also ways to do this with SIO2PC adapters apps too, but they are more convoluted.

Edited by Gunstar

AHa, I just clicked who you are, I used the C64 version and wrote to you a few times regarding the speed it took with massive file numbers, admittedly I was throwing 200-300 thousand files and it was not a happy bunny :)

Will give the C64 version another shot incase it was my system at fault...

Lovely software though...

Thanks for adding the Atari to it...

Paul..

Yes, I remember the problem with a huge number of files. I have already started working on a faster version...

Please try the menu "Compress database at exit" (this will take a while) and limit the files with custom filters. I hope this will reduce loading time..

I think for Atari compared to the C64 there isn't such amount of stuff, isn't it?

Edited by purmike

Thank you purmike

I have downloaded the software and had a quick testing of the features and capabilities. My initial impression is great "WOW". At last, Atari world will have a decent file archival and manager that everyone can enjoy.

We know that it is in the beta vase and much more is expected. Still, I expect "with hope" that our Atari expert programmers/developers to look at it and come up with comments/suggestions. I am aware that Mclaneinc was actively involved in the Atari Best Game Pack database. Paul, your input and feedback is greatly appreciated .

@Mike, I just sent you my initial feedback.

madi

• Like 3

Thanks Madi but I don't want to steal Starwindz thunder here, all database design was his alone, I didn't even know of its existence then but I offered all the direct technical advice on how to make things work on Altirra and lots of feature advice that thankfully made it on to the program, Starwindz kindly named me as a team member and we continued to collaborate and became good friends, he's a really nice guy...

I do what I've done on many emulators over the years, ask for features, beta test anything that I understand and offer positive criticism and as much help as I can..

I'm not super tech but I know what is interesting and useful (mostly) and emulator authors have mostly agreed which is nice :)

As seen I've talked to Purmike before and he's been a really nice person and looked at emails and helped loads, I'll be happy to ask for stuff but all you guys pitch in and help the author but I have to say the C64 version is nigh on perfect, he's spot on the ball and just needs any fine tuning you guys can think of...

• Like 1

I do what I've done on many emulators over the years, ask for features, beta test anything that I understand and offer positive criticism and as much help as I can..

I'm not super tech but I know what is interesting and useful (mostly) and emulator authors have mostly agreed which is nice :)

Fair enough.

Let me thank you for your positive wording.

I had no intention to drag you into the project. May be my humble English language did not help me to express what i wanted to say.

I was looking mainly for your usual "Positive Criticism" and fruitful input. The same is politely requested from all respected Atari members in this beloved site.

regards

madi

No, don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to pass on anything to help the software and had been doing so on its C64 counterpart already, I just didn't want people to think I made the Gamepack, I have done work on it but the programming code for the gamepack side is Starwindz and his alone, he's the clever one out of the two of us :)

So Madi, I'm already in and hope like you that many of us offer our thoughts to Purmike to help him make the database the best possible :)

Sorry for any language confusion, just because I speak English does not mean I do it well :)

Thanks

Paul...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new version (http://www.purmike.de/downloads/AtariArchivSetup.zip) with the following changes:

- New supported file tyes: CAR, DOC, LST
- Improved preview of text files (ascii at the moment)
- Fixed: Problem with the temporary folder
- Fixed: Wrong translation in some windows

Madi, thanks a lot for your suggestions and your help to test the program!

• Like 2

This looks fantastic purmike. Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the Atari community.

Just wondering why there is no support for ATX ?

Behind ATR and CAS, that would be the most abundant of formats and is likely to increase over time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, tried to overload it with files and it handled it all perfectly, no lag like I got on the early C64 version....Brilliant..

Might be nice to have a delete DB or a select all option for the files if you make a bad db, I know its lazy but having all the option within a program make it better.

I know its meant to be a DB only but is there or could there be an option to link a screen shot to a file?

Love it tho.....

Thank you, Paul...

• Like 1

Very nice, tried to overload it with files and it handled it all perfectly, no lag like I got on the early C64 version....Brilliant..

Might be nice to have a delete DB or a select all option for the files if you make a bad db, I know its lazy but having all the option within a program make it better.

I know its meant to be a DB only but is there or could there be an option to link a screen shot to a file?

Love it tho.....

Thank you, Paul...

Thanks for your suggestions which I have added in the version 1.4:

- New: There are 3 possibilities to link a screenshot file:

1. You can select a grafic file from the database
  2. You can select a grafic file from the explorer
  3. You can select a screenshot path with a folder structure like gamebase:

- Screenshot path\0\Files starting with a number (0-9)

- Screenshot path\A\Files starting with 'A'

- Screenshot path\B\.....

- New: Function "Select all items"

- Fixed: In the view "History" sometimes items displayed with wrong dates

AtariArchivSetup.zip

• Like 1