IGNORED

Porting C64-Archiv file management for Atari

Madi

Thank you for adding those, going to give it the ultimate test, to DB my totally all over the place collection, if it reads all of it in and does not fallover from how fragmented it is then it gets the gold star :)

... I'm curious about it ;-)...

Depends on your machine its possible that you reach a "critical amount" of files and you will recognize a delay.

On my old system (Core Duo E6750, 4gb ram) the time to load 500.000 files is about 3s.

• Like 1

Ran in to 2 issues..

1. I'm getting a Start Error Data Type Mismatch in Criteria Expression in the background when I launch anything of any format...My default emulator is Altiira, latest beta. Thought it might be because of over writing the last beta of yours with the new one so I uninstalled and manually cleared out Atari Archiv and installed it fresh but same issue continued.

2. With this one I suddenly found the program in 'Not Responding' mode after after DB'ing a lot of files BUT no where near the 500,000 you mention, I suspect the reason is that my C: drive is small and has less space than the size of the files its databasing from the D: drive, as its using the Appdata / Local / Temp as its temp storage on the C: I have a feeling its halting because the space is less than is needed or whatever the percentage is that the temp file gets emptied on as a warning.

If by some miracle I'm correct then it might be useful to have a choice of where the temp data is stored?

Edited by Mclaneinc

..that sound bad. Please try the following steps:

1) Please rename the Atari-Archi.ini (e.g. Atari-Archiv-ini.old), which is located in same directory as the executable, and start again.

If the error occurs once again please send me the ini-file.

2) Yes, the Atari-Archiv try to use the folder "Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp" for temporary files. The temp folder is deleted at start and at the end of the program.

You can change the folder in the ini file. Please change the entry e.g. "TempPath=D:\Temp" and create the folder "D:\Temp".

I hope this help... :?

NOTE: When importing a lot or big zipped files the best way is to end the program after soon and to start again. This will free the memory and delete the internal cache of the program, too.

• Like 1

Fall at the first hurdle, with no ini file or it renamed Atari Achiv throws a hissy fit and you get Load : Errors Path access error, you then get two other errors about variables, basically its not happy with no ini :)

Ini file as is included, remove the .txt at the end, only there so to allow it as an attachment on here.

Possible additions, the adding of a *.* extension just incase people want to DB the whole set of their collection and not just the atari related items, I know its at odds with the purpose but its sort of makes sense. Possibly making alterations to the ini done from within the program itself, I only say this as its very easy for people with banana fingers or like me with arthritis to miss type which then leads to all sorts of issues, point and click makes it so much easier to not get those errors.

Trust me, I'm not being picky here, just trying to help those less fortunate or the famous one fingered typist who despite only having one job and one finger to do it with still gets it wrong :)

Atari-Archiv.ini.txt

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hi folks, could someone who has their machine set up as a UK machine with the UK keyboard and UK date format etc please try the last update of Atari Archiv, the one that incorporates my idea for tagging a screen shot on. I'm getting an error when you start any item in the database in Altirra, its from within the Atari Archiv and not Altirra that generates it but Mikes trying to see what the issue is my end but he's identified part of my error is from the date format and fixed that part but I still get a Start-Error: Type Miss match when I try and run anything from the database, what is more odd is that Altirra opens as expected and runs what you chose but in the background is that error window.

Would be interesting to see if any fellow Brits get the same error, I'm not sure a European setup would give the same error unless they use the same UK date format..

Its a bit odd as previous versions work fine here...

Just make Mikes work a bit easier to determine if its simply my machine or the actual program )or a bit of both?)

Thanks

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thanks to Mclaneinc. We have solved the problem. In the latest version there are following changes:

New: The temp folder can be configured (Note: The Atari-Archiv creates the subfolder "Archiv-Temp")
Fixed: After lunching a file an error message may occur on some machines
Fixed: Crash when starting without the Atari-Archiv.ini file
Fixed: Hotkey CTRL + S not working

AtariArchivSetup.zip

• Like 2

Hi folks, could someone who has their machine set up as a UK machine with the UK keyboard and UK date format etc please try the last update of Atari Archiv, the one that incorporates my idea for tagging a screen shot on.

Thanks

Paul..

Hi Mclaneinc

I installed the English - UK as the sole language pack to investigate the difficulties you had experienced with Atari-Archiv 1.3.

I couldn't reproduce the said errors you faced. However, the program crashes if INI file is missing.

With version 1.4, the program opens the database and run normally under the situation where INI file is missing. But it will generate an error upon exiting due to missing INI file that needed to store data.

Sorry, for not being able to give much help.

madi

• 3 weeks later...

WOW just WOW it's shaping up and looks great!

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU for making this happen!

Of course I am insane and would love for this package to automate the process of sending / creating output in the format various devices want... check/select what you want on a sd card and pick what device the card will go in and blammo is saves them to the sd card (sdnuxx, sio2sd, ultimate cart and the like) with whatever lists, folder structure etc etc it would need. That would be a way advanced futuristic thing....

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 1 year later...