IGNORED

Diamond Trackstar 128: Original utility disk needed

DeathAdderSF

Hello, all. I've purchased a Diamond Trackstar 128 but the utility disk wasn't included. Sadly this disk is needed in order to actually use the hardware. A Teledisk disk image is available from the asimov FTP, but it doesn't work... because the original disk is copy-protected. icon_sad.gif Software for the later Trackstar models is also available for download -- and by this time the company learned that copy-protecting the disks made no sense -- but these don't work with the 128.

If someone has an extra working utility disk available for the Trackstar 128 I'd like to arrange to either buy it, or borrow it for proper disk imaging using special hardware.

Thanks. Please contact me here or by e-mail (e-mail preferred) if you can help...

contact@superfighter.com

• 3 years later...

Rise from your grave. ?

I have since obtained a Trackstar 128 Utility Program disk and a copy in KryoFlux format is available on my website @

www.diskman.com/presents/trackstar

If anyone else buys a 128 w/o the disk, you can write a copy of the disk, with copy protection intact, using the KryoFlux.

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 1