IGNORED

32k expansion for the side port - released

jedimatt42

Well.. We are ready at prge this weekend and on arcadeshopper.com starting next week! I sold 4 today!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Wow! I was away for the weekend, without Internet, and returned to find the 32k sidecar quietly came to market and sold out almost instantly. Congratulations! My unit is back ordered, but as I said earlier, I await it eagerly with some semblance of patience! ;-)

• Like 2

Wow nice board. You actually have edge connectors of the right size. My nanopeb has an edge connector that was cut down from a larger one.

Thanks, that is part of the reason why it has a set of header pins for extension instead of propagating the edge-card requirement.

-M@

i know this is a dumb question but if i order with psu from arcadeshopper i'd assume it's supplied with an optional us 110v unit, can anyone direct me to a suitable uk 3 pin 230v power supply?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003MQO96U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477577445&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=type+m+5v+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41sIpBv4TXL&ref=plSrch is your best bet

• Like 1

thanks, i bought one of those (2m) and an adapter plug then went to preorder the board only to discover it required not one but both testicles for shipping charges surely there is a cheaper way to ship it that doesn't cost over $50 on top of the board cost? i dont recall the atarisoft cart costing that much to ship, but dont recall if there was an option to change shipping method when i bought that one.

thanks, i bought one of those (2m) and an adapter plug then went to preorder the board only to discover it required not one but both testicles for shipping charges surely there is a cheaper way to ship it that doesn't cost over $50 on top of the board cost? i dont recall the atarisoft cart costing that much to ship, but dont recall if there was an option to change shipping method when i bought that one.

Sure pick flat rate usps first class instead of priority mail. Also I verified the power supplies I sell are 110-240v so all that's needed is the plug adapter.

Greg

• Like 1

thanks for that, sorry i was put off as it costed the item and shipping before it gave an option to switch to something more reasonable so i didn't get that far in the process, i've done it now so joined the backorder queue, i didn't add the psu as i'd already bought the longer version of the usb cable you recommended and a usb adapter plug from amazon (same lead is available with free shipping from gameseek on ebay uk at £3.88 btw).

thanks for your help.

• Like 1

About the power...I'm surprised no one brought this up.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/speech/speech_console.html

I may go this route. I imagine having the SSer internal and the 32k card directly on the port would not require external power or power mod to the SSer.

I'm interested because the width of the console is a concern for me. I want to be able to install it as part of my greater computer setup under a monitor stand. 32k side cart and fr99 only console. So saving the space of the SSer width is a big deal.

• Like 2

Nice mod, but so much easier just to solder the single wire in the SS to pass the +5v through to the other side. lol

Plus, I rather like the look of the SS - wouldn't mind stuffing 32k in it actually! But what's up with the alligator-jaw flap in front that seemingly serves absolutely no purpose? As a kid, I used to hide certain things: jewelry, money, pocket knives, snuff, trinkets - whatever in there. Worked extremely well, lemme tell 'ya! :lol:

Nice mod, but so much easier just to solder the single wire in the SS to pass the +5v through to the other side. lol

Plus, I rather like the look of the SS - wouldn't mind stuffing 32k in it actually! But what's up with the alligator-jaw flap in front that seemingly serves absolutely no purpose? As a kid, I used to hide certain things: jewelry, money, pocket knives, snuff, trinkets - whatever in there. Worked extremely well, lemme tell 'ya! :lol:

I need to save the space taken up by the width of the SSer.

Oh.. and 32k side exp ordered :) "QUED"

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2