IGNORED

32k expansion for the side port - released

jedimatt42

I'm still waiting for mine, it's seems that after October 31 it's disappeared ...

Not sure who lost it USPS or Canada Post ...

If there is a tracking number, then place a tracer. I had a dehydrator that I bought for my mom, sit with Priority shipping for 17 days in a New Jersey post office, till the seller put a tracer on it, then it started moving the next day

I just got off the phone with Canada Post, and they say the package never got in their system

I guess I will order another one

Guess what!

Processed Through Facility CANADA November 27, 2016 9:15 am Customs Clearance CANADA November 27, 2016 9:15 am Departed USPS Facility VAN NUYS, CA 91409 October 30, 2016 2:46 am

Until somebody designs a 3-D printed case for this board, let me share with you my 50 cent version. A while ago I picked up a bunch of camping/travel soap dishes at a local Dollar Store selling two for a buck. I cut a slot to fit the connector and Bob's yer uncle. I still have to bolt the board to the case and drill holes for the LED and barrel jack, but I think it provides protection with aesthetics.....until someone creates a more customized case.

post-47885-0-54198500-1480369879_thumb.jpeg

post-47885-0-11922500-1480369894_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Rowland
  • Like 8

My 2 boards arrived safely today , Pretty quick turnaround to Australia.

They work great and I can at last experience all that is available for the FlashROM99.

Big thanks to jedimatt42 & arcadeshopper for bring these to the community.

And an extra big Thank You to Sinphaltimus for jumping in to help a member in need.

Sinphaltimus jumped in without hesitation and offered his help...true community spirit. :) :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Shane

• Like 4

My 2 boards arrived safely today , Pretty quick turnaround to Australia.

They work great and I can at last experience all that is available for the FlashROM99.

Big thanks to jedimatt42 & arcadeshopper for bring these to the community.

And an extra big Thank You to Sinphaltimus for jumping in to help a member in need.

Sinphaltimus jumped in without hesitation and offered his help...true community spirit. :) :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Shane

No special thanks needed, the behaviour is contagious here in these forums. :)

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for mine to ship. :P

You are probably still waiting for me to build it :) I'm actually building boards right now. :) But I've been out of town for the last week. I'm can't make a hard promise, but I hope to get all the remaining back-ordered boards built in the next 7 days.

-M@

• Like 1

You are probably still waiting for me to build it :) I'm actually building boards right now. :) But I've been out of town for the last week. I'm can't make a hard promise, but I hope to get all the remaining back-ordered boards built in the next 7 days.

-M@

I'm patient, I wasn't complaining. :) More a tongue in cheek gesture for even mentioning it. No worries, M@.

Until somebody designs a 3-D printed case for this board, let me share with you my 50 cent version. A while ago I picked up a bunch of camping/travel soap dishes at a local Dollar Store selling two for a buck. I cut a slot to fit the connector and Bob's yer uncle. I still have to bolt the board to the case and drill holes for the LED and barrel jack, but I think it provides protection with aesthetics.....until someone creates a more customized case.

i thought that looked like a travel soapbox. Nice job...

mine "arrived" on saturday, or at least the customs bill for £16.14 did hopefully i'll pay / pick it up on friday / saturday this week, it's that or pay online and wait an extra 2-3 days for them to deliver it.

attachicon.giffee to pay 32k expansion.jpg

edit: typo(s)

Ouch, that's nasty.

£16.14 on such a cheap item seems crazy.

At least the Australian (current) laws allow $1000 before any duties, taxes or charges apply...

I have heard whispers that they may be looking into this... :thumbsdown:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Impo/Buyi

Buying over the internet

Things you buy over the internet will have the same rules, duties and screening processes applied as any other import.

You need to know that:

For goods that are worth equal to or under AUD1,000, there are no duties, taxes or charges to pay.

For goods that are worth more than AUD1,000, you will need to fill out a special form called an Import Declaration, and pay duties, taxes and charges.

You will need to pay duties and taxes on some goods (like tobacco or alcohol) regardless of their value

Certain types of goods are not allowed to be brought into Australia, or else need special permits.

Goods with a value of AUD1,000 or less

You do not have to pay duty and taxes on goods (excluding tobacco, tobacco products and alcohol) with a value of under AUD1,000. These are called low value imports.

If these goods arrive in Australia by air or sea cargo, they must have a Self-Assessed Clearance (SAC) Declaration. This will generally be taken care of by the cargo company. There is no charge for this declaration.

Cheers,

Shane