IGNORED

Not Atari Art Exactly, But it Reminds Me of Warlords

The Eyeball Mural

I discovered the art of Kilian Eng a few years ago. One of the first artworks of his I encountered is a piece called "The Table." Among my first thoughts was that it looked to me like a modern conception of the Atari game Warlords.

The characters standing behind the chairs could be the game players, and the seated figures are the kings or warlords in the game, waiting to be animated. Or the seated figures could be defeated and deceased, and the standing figures are the "ghosts" you can see in Atari 2600 Warlords after kings have been killed.

Certainly not what the artist intended, and naturally the illustration can have many other stories spun from it, but I like seeing one of my favorite old Atari games when I look at it. Does anyone else see what I see? Or something else, even more interesting?

post-38578-0-78774900-1467682213_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I can see how you could interpret it that way.

Thanks for the name though. I googled his stuff and it's a very cool style. Sort of a cross between anime and Tron with a bunch of other cool stuff thrown in. Very inspiring. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 1