IGNORED

Video: I take a trip to the old Coleco Factory

Tighe

It's about 20 minutes from my house, the video isn't anything super exciting, but it's cool never the less. I wish the beverage center in the old factory building was open when I was there. I bet they have some stories!

Edited by Tighe
  • Like 10

Cool video and thanks for sharing. Too bad there isn't some sort of tribute to Coleco and the items they made like there is in the building in Montreal that was converted into apartments/lofts.

BTW, you made a cardinal sin when swapping out the controllers... always turn off the system before doing so or risk blowing the Octal Buffer IC for that specific controller port.

Cool video and thanks for sharing. Too bad there isn't some sort of tribute to Coleco and the items they made like there is in the building in Montreal that was converted into apartments/lofts.

BTW, you made a cardinal sin when swapping out the controllers... always turn off the system before doing so or risk blowing the Octal Buffer IC for that specific controller port.

Thanks! I never knew that! All these years I've been doing it wrong!

Very cool! Thanks truly for taking the time to do this for us crazy Coleco fans. And welcome to the forums!

Kind of hilarious to see "Bill's Beverage Center" leasing out that old Coleco factory building. He must've gotten it for cheap! I half-expected to see a Greenberg family member running it, looking all haggardly and beat. :D

Very cool! Thanks truly for taking the time to do this for us crazy Coleco fans. And welcome to the forums!

Kind of hilarious to see "Bill's Beverage Center" leasing out that old Coleco factory building. He must've gotten it for cheap! I half-expected to see a Greenberg family member running it, looking all haggardly and beat. :D

Thanks, over actually been a member for a while but I don't post much, I'm more active on the KLOV arcade forums. :-)

I was fun to go and I think I'll stop back and go to the beverage center.

Loveeeeeeeee the Vid!!! Thanks for sharing bud, it was super cool. =) I am planning a day trip up there one weekend soon, I have always wanted to see the factory. Its about 3 hours away from me, in NYC. I love the fact that all of our games were made in the USA, especially NY. and for our resident canadians LOL CANADA too!!!! How cool, is that.. =)

Anthony

Edited by tonyankyfan1
  • Like 1

It's about 20 minutes from my house, the video isn't anything super exciting, but it's cool never the less. I wish the beverage center in the old factory building was open when I was there. I bet they have some stories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Hl6r-3c_E

Thanks ALOT for posting this!

I truly appreciate you took the extra miles and film your trip there

I did something similar in the past, we did visit the old Coleco factory in Montreal

But sadly, I was not bright enough to film the whole trip

Although, I did take some pictures......

See here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/185962-a-trip-to-coleco-montreal-canada/?hl=+coleco%20+montreal

NOW, let me annouce this:

I promise to go to the Coleco Factory in Montreal with Toby and Antoine and I'm going to film the whole thing

And oh..... I'm working on a Coleco film documentary

So you heard it here first, remember ;)

• Like 1

Thanks ALOT for posting this!

I truly appreciate you took the extra miles and film your trip there

I did something similar in the past, we did visit the old Coleco factory in Montreal

But sadly, I was not bright enough to film the whole trip

Although, I did take some pictures......

See here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/185962-a-trip-to-coleco-montreal-canada/?hl=+coleco%20+montreal

NOW, let me annouce this:

I promise to go to the Coleco Factory in Montreal with Toby and Antoine and I'm going to film the whole thing

And oh..... I'm working on a Coleco film documentary

So you heard it here first, remember ;)

Yaggy on the KLOV forums said that when he went into the factory there was still promotional materials and parts inside, I'm wondering if we can get permission from the current owner to film inside.

Loveeeeeeeee the Vid!!! Thanks for sharing bud, it was super cool. =) I am planning a day trip up there one weekend soon, I have always wanted to see the factory. Its about 3 hours away from me, in NYC. I love the fact that all of our games were made in the USA, especially NY. and for our resident canadians LOL CANADA too!!!! How cool, is that.. =)

Anthony

Isn't it great that they were made here? It's a shame we don't do anything anymore.

This is so cool ... Thank You!

:-)

You must be just up the road from me :)

I'm in Richmondville, were are you?

Awesome, thanks for posting!

Thanks for watching!

KLOV has google surveys installed to generate revenue from people who aren't signed in. Looks like it is not working right in your browser. If you have an account sign in.

Any idea why I get a really messed up page when I view the KLOV thread? The text in the post is not visible and rest is covered by a grey overcast.

attachicon.gifdelete.png

KLOV has google surveys installed to generate revenue from people who aren't signed in. Looks like it is not working right in your browser. If you have an account sign in.

What's weird if that I get the same problem in Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. Is there some browser add-in that is needed?

I don't have a KLOV account.

Great vid! :) It's neat seeing the old Coleco main headquarters and factory buildings. Kinda sad at the same time, though :( Just 30+ years ago those buildings were bustling with many people making & assembling ColecoVisions, video games, Cabbage Patch dolls, and other goods. But now I've seen the buildings where my ColecoVision, it's peripherals and games were made. The big 'Coleco' sign atop the building is an eerie reminder of what was once there decades ago... :!:

Awesome! Just shared it on the ColecoVisions Podcast Facebook page :)

• Like 1

Great vid! :) It's neat seeing the old Coleco main headquarters and factory buildings. Kinda sad at the same time, though :( Just 30+ years ago those buildings were bustling with many people making & assembling ColecoVisions, video games, Cabbage Patch dolls, and other goods. But now I've seen the buildings where my ColecoVision, it's peripherals and games were made. The big 'Coleco' sign atop the building is an eerie reminder of what was once there decades ago... :!:

Mustve good times up there in that town at that time, everyone making money, working.. That town def benefitted from the coleco.

It sure is. Everything left at that time.

Your video, inspired me to get moving on my road trip. LOL Thanks =) I have been saying it for a year, and never making it. Now it is time. I def want a pic under the COLECO sign, just like you did. Thats the coolest, ever!!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...