IGNORED

Interest in a 5200 cartridge protector?

ScottyDont00

I have been messaging the owner of Retroprotection.com about the possibility of him getting some cartridge protectors made for 5200 carts. Here is a link to the 2600/7800 protectors he already offers.

http://retroprotection.com/product.sc?productId=279&categoryId=135

If this is something you would consider purchasing please send him a request stating your interest if they are ever made available. I have protectors for all my other systems that I have purchased from him and they are fantastic.

Message him via the contact option on his website or email him directly: dang@retroprotection.com

Hopefully there are enough 5200 owners that are interested in something like this to help protect or display the carts.

He also has protectors for the Atari boxes on the site as well.

Thanks for your time!

Scott

Ive talk with Dan about this a couple of years now about this he's always told me if there's enough interest he would do it. So he knows I'm into it it's just that I'm sure he has to do a big order in order for him to make it financially feasible. I even sent him a 5200 cartridge and measurements. I'd be down for about 50 to 60 cases myself.

Edited by Atari the Jedi
  • Like 1

Ive talk with Dan about this a couple of years now about this he's always told me if there's enough interest he would do it. So he knows I'm into it it's just that I'm sure you have to do a big order in order for him to make it financially feasible. I even sent him a 5200 cartridge and measurements

He recently told me he had already got a smaller batch of them quoted, so my hope is hopefully enough of us on here could let him know we buy them if he had them made.

So I just sent him a message letting him know that I would be interested in several. I didn't know if he was going to do the CBS sizes or just the regular 5200 I'm assuming he's going to do the 5200 and maybe the Parker Brothers and Sega could also fit in that size

Personally I would not mind a one size fits all even if it means there is some wiggle room one way or the other. I also have the larger genesis carts (EA carts I believe) I would love to see a protector for but those would sell less then the 5200 ones in my opinion.