IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable!

It is a unique device, but given the proportion of bad reviews vs good and so forth, I think I'll wait for the 2018 model. Also, probably a matter of perspective, but 2.8" screen is just too small to me. My iPhone is a plus model. That's right, 6" screen, that's what I would like. I do have the Atari FB1, FB2, FB7D and FB8GAE. Haven't decided on the Sega FB's. Never had a Genesis, so it's hard to form an opinion, except from curiosity.

• Like 1

I actually started to rename the files so that they may be displayed on the AFP screen correctly - and in order (even after they are sorted with software program "DriveSort"). I'm about halfway thru adding prototypes and have a request for a prototype to be hacked possibly in the works currently too.

Shooting for the end of this month to be released. There will be some exclusives included too.

Awesome, can't wait!

so, ATGames "revamped" their website today.... and check out the pics they used on the AFP page: https://atgames.co/products/atari-flashback-portable-game-player

:lol: ;) :lolblue:

That was the simplest way I could word it. Anyway, I have made the egregious error known to the right people and I'm hoping it gets fixed soon. Any other issues like that anyone notices, by all means, point them out!

• Like 4

That was the simplest way I could word it. Anyway, I have made the egregious error known to the right people and I'm hoping it gets fixed soon. Any other issues like that anyone notices, by all means, point them out!

No problem! I just thought it was funny that all of the previous pics were Dennis' Pac-Man and not the original Atari 2600 Pac-Man..... until now. :)

There's this: Not necessarily incorrect, but it seems like the new one's should go on top rather than "Consoles (that are old)" and accessories that are all sold out, but maybe it's just an organizational issue.

post-54985-0-16105000-1512516004_thumb.png

post-54985-0-47146000-1512516541_thumb.png

• Like 1

It is a unique device, but given the proportion of bad reviews vs good and so forth, I think I'll wait for the 2018 model. Also, probably a matter of perspective, but 2.8" screen is just too small to me. My iPhone is a plus model. That's right, 6" screen, that's what I would like. I do have the Atari FB1, FB2, FB7D and FB8GAE. Haven't decided on the Sega FB's. Never had a Genesis, so it's hard to form an opinion, except from curiosity.

I don't know your personal video game tastes, But I can't imagine anyone into retro games who hasn't experienced The Sega Genesis. I think the the Sega Flashback (HD) should probably be a no brainer. I'd venture to say you're in for a treat.

I don't know your personal video game tastes, But I can't imagine anyone into retro games who hasn't experienced The Sega Genesis. I think the the Sega Flashback (HD) should probably be a no brainer. I'd venture to say you're in for a treat.

I've been eluded by the Segas for some reason. I've used the majority of consoles between xbox one and 2600. Although, I do have a bunch of the Genesis and SMS controllers for my 7800 and I did get an SG-1000 emulator on my laptop to play ALF with an aunt who is an ALF fan. :!:

• Like 1

There's this: Not necessarily incorrect, but it seems like the new one's should go on top rather than "Consoles (that are old)" and accessories that are all sold out, but maybe it's just an organizational issue.

Most accessories are always sold out. I have even tried to order a set of paddles when it said in stock and they were never delivered. This year I decided to jump on the Atari Flashback Gold Deluxe just so I could get some new paddles! I'm glad I did because even At Games doesn't list that one on their new website...

• Like 1

You are an Atari (2600 ROM) God!!

I pre-appreciate the early Holiday Gift!

Looking forward that romset. I just discovered Pitfall! Trainer. Oh man the joy of playing endless Pitfall! I am stoked. Now I'm wondering what other gems hiding here on Atariage!

My newest ROM Pack for the AFP has been released today!
and the game list can be found here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArXu52QZivTrgWgYUthlQ73G4fDH
basic info on pack:
  • tested on the 2016 AFP only (i don't have the 2017 edition- but should still work)
  • sorted alphabetically with DriveSort
  • I tried to rename the ROMs were the original one is listed first, then the hacks are listed next in line
  • I included several hacks this time of popular games (i.e.- Adventure, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Space Invaders, River Raid, etc)
  • Games that have been modified to work with the portable are labeled (portable)
  • I have completed the ROM pack game list (link above) with details of each ROM that is included in the ROM pack
  • updated as of 12/6/2017
  • ROM pack contains 1001 working ROMs (allowed room for 29 more ROMs to be added, no matter what size SD card you have, AFP only handles 1030 total)
  • worked on it from July-Dec. 2017
  • some ROM exclusives included
Enjoy!
Edited by Arenafoot
  • Like 10

My newest ROM Pack for the AFP has been released today!
and the game list can be found here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArXu52QZivTrgWgYUthlQ73G4fDH
basic info on pack:
  • tested on the 2016 AFP only (i don't have the 2017 edition- but should still work)
  • sorted alphabetically with DriveSort
  • I tried to rename the ROMs were the original one is listed first, then the hacks are listed next in line
  • I included several hacks this time of popular games (i.e.- Adventure, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Space Invaders, River Raid, etc)
  • Games that have been modified to work with the portable are labeled (portable)
  • I have completed the ROM pack game list (link above) with details of each ROM that is included in the ROM pack
  • updated as of 12/6/2017
  • ROM pack contains 1001 working ROMs (allowed room for 29 more ROMs to be added, no matter what size SD card you have, AFP only handles 1030 total)
  • worked on it from July-Dec. 2017
  • some ROM exclusives included
Enjoy!

Criminey! Nice Job! Thanks for your dedication!

• Like 3

Wow the list is great. I just got an AFP 2017 and it's awesome. You saved me so much time as I can start with your list instead wasting time trying roms already known not to work. I'm 40-ish and a huge fan of Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 games.

Anyway I just noticed one minor inconvenience with all your great work. The alphabetical order of roms in the Excel file is slightly different than what the AFP 2017 shows as it looks like the spaces and/or underscores are handled differently. Just look at the Moon Patrol roms to see the difference.

Anyway great job. Thanks!

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

Wow the list is great. I just got an AFP 2017 and it's awesome. You saved me so much time as I can start with your list instead wasting time trying roms already known not to work. I'm 40-ish and a huge fan of Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 games.

Anyway I just noticed one minor inconvenience with all your great work. The alphabetical order of roms in the Excel file is slightly different than what the AFP 2017 shows as it looks like the spaces and/or underscores are handled differently. Just look at the Moon Patrol roms to see the difference.

Anyway great job. Thanks!

I just compared the Moon Patrol's ROMs vs the list and they match for me. The difference might be that I have the 2016 version of the AFP and you have the 2017 version. So, like you said the 2017 AFP handles it differently than the Excel list. How are they listed on your AFP (in what order)??

I just compared the Moon Patrol's ROMs vs the list and they match for me. The difference might be that I have the 2016 version of the AFP and you have the 2017 version. So, like you said the 2017 AFP handles it differently than the Excel list. How are they listed on your AFP (in what order)??

My APR 2017 shows

MOON PATROL .BIN

MOON PATROL+.BIN

MOONPATROL_DC BIG

MOONSWEPPER.BIN

MOON_PATROL_ROVER

No big deal as I'll just move the entry in my copy of your list.

• Like 1

My APR 2017 shows

MOON PATROL .BIN

MOON PATROL+.BIN

MOONPATROL_DC BIG

MOONSWEPPER.BIN

MOON_PATROL_ROVER

No big deal as I'll just move the entry in my copy of your list.

Wow, that is weird!?!?!?!? I don't know why it would sort it that way. Yeah, the easiest way is to download my list and edit it to your liking and/or AFP. ;-)

Here's how my 2016 AFP sorts it:

post-2652-0-53868800-1512972479_thumb.jpg

I went from Atari 2600 to VIC 20 to C64 to Amiga to PC. I skipped owning NES or Genesis.

• Like 1

I took the ol portable with me when I went to the doctor's office yesterday...And it works pretty well for a such a thing. I played one quick game of something (Sub Commander, First time playing it) and BOOM they called my name...Never been in and out so fast as yesterday. What's weird to me is that if you bring nothing, it seems like you sit there for hours waiting for them to call your name, and then more endless time waiting in the room...But, I'm sure it's just coincidence.

• Like 1