IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable!

Also, those buttons just scream "NOAC", as if it were one of those Jakk's PNPs in a handheld format.

Just popping in to point out that the Jakks systems did not use NOACs, but rather 65C816-compatible Winbond microcontrollers (in their Atari-based systems; just about everything else in their product line used Sunplus or Generalplus microcontrollers).

I finally found out who's to be making the woodgrained European Atari handheld (and an accompanying plug-n-play system shaped like a CX40 with a second fire button (atop the stick), planned to house the same game selection): PQube, the folks who publish the Steins;Gate games in both Europe and North America. Funstock is just the main seller.

onmode-ky

• Like 2

I have my finger hovering over a " buy it now" for the FBP pack man edition with 70 games! Where can i buy a SD card with more games to add to the 70 pre installed?

Sorry if this has been asked before but i can't seem to find a link..

Anything 8GB or smaller should work fine, like this: http://amzn.to/2D3PCzv

• Like 1

Thanks again Bill! I'll read through this link!

Is it possible to put 7800 games onto the AFP? Sorry if this has been asked before..

No, it's only for Atari 2600 games. That zip file is comprehensive in terms of what's actually compatible (some things had to be hacked).

• Like 1

Update! I've bought the 70 game version of the AFP and i love it! The only gripe i have is the screen is a little small for my eyes, as with age i struggle to see/read things close up so i have to put my reading glasses on to see the screen clearly. My youngest lad can play it with no problem though! GGGgggggRRRRr old age sucks!

If a newer version came out with a bigger screen i'd buy it again for sure! Preloaded games are very good although i struggle to on some of the games like breakout moving the bat about as it moves very fast, i can live with that though.

I'd like to put some games onto a SD card but my computer doesn't have a SD slot.. Anyone from the UK put games onto a SD card for me??

I had read a review that said the screen was bad at different angles to see the game, I have not found this at all. The "D" pad seems very responsive also and functions as it should !( apart from breakout)

Right back to "Dig Dug" LOL !

• Like 1

I'd like to put some games onto a SD card but my computer doesn't have a SD slot.. Anyone from the UK put games onto a SD card for me??

Any local 12 year old can help you get the files on your SD card :) Worse case you may have to buy a cheap USB SD card reader. You should probably just get one anyway as they are cheap.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your AFP. I ready enjoy mine also!

Edited by thetick1

Update! I've bought the 70 game version of the AFP and i love it! The only gripe i have is the screen is a little small for my eyes, as with age i struggle to see/read things close up so i have to put my reading glasses on to see the screen clearly. My youngest lad can play it with no problem though! GGGgggggRRRRr old age sucks!

If a newer version came out with a bigger screen i'd buy it again for sure! Preloaded games are very good although i struggle to on some of the games like breakout moving the bat about as it moves very fast, i can live with that though.

I had read a review that said the screen was bad at different angles to see the game, I have not found this at all. The "D" pad seems very responsive also and functions as it should !( apart from breakout)

Right back to "Dig Dug" LOL !

You want this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocketek-Memory-Reader-Writer-slots/dp/B00PBOHAR6

I have to wear my glasses to see it, too. We have such WISDOM

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...