IGNORED

Bosconian for the 8-bits

MrFish

• 3 weeks later...
EDITED TO ADD A WARNING:

I cannot say it's related but ... :ponder:

after leaving the screen up for maybe 10 minutes while I was distracted off doing other things (like posting the screenshot above) I came back to a badly scrambled display. Rebooting didn't fix it, power cycling didn't fix it, the menu system for the U1MB was total corrupted and inaccessible. Removing the U1MB and reinstalling the OS ROM and MMU at least let me get to a corrupted READY prompt. Further detailed troubleshooting ensued and long story short, my ANTIC was fried. Replaced it with one from a donor system and all is well. Again, I cannot state with 100% this .XEX was the cause, but the system has been running happily as-is for almost 2 years aside from putting in Bryan's rev C UAV a year ago, and replacing that with a rev D (plug in swap basically), which I did a couple months ago. So, just a heads up to anyone who may have a latent issue with their ANTIC chip waiting to discover.

Will this game damage emulators or some of the chips in them?

Edited by Keatah

Will this game damage emulators or some of the chips in them?

I'm just trolling for attention. Carry on.

I was merely reporting an odd coincidence that was worth sharing, given that it occurred 33 years into this machine's lifetime and while running that title screen demo. If you don't like what I write, you're invited to scroll on by without reading.

I hate to sound picky - but I think it could do with an improvement with your ship exploding. I'm not familiar with this arcade game - but I always think that when your ship explodes - if it can be done in some spectacular fashion - it adds to the overall effect. I'm always wanting to see things done better - if possible?

Harvey

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...