IGNORED

Bosconian for the 8-bits

MrFish

Thanks. This is the PAL version, do you have the NTSC? This has BLAST OFF speech where other's don't.

I used the power reserve in PAL Atari, so I regained some extra RAM (~11000 cycles). In NTSC version I can't do it :( (the expansion of memory remains).

I think also about add "hard mode" , start from 11-12 Round and ~120% points, (first levels are too easy :) ), but I must first finish my new projects.

It's nice that you like the Bosconian, it encourages me to continue programming at Atari.

• Like 9

shanti77, Bosconian A8 is incredible: as others have said this is a great port and very true to the arcade! :jango:

In addition to Blaster and a few others, Bosconian is at the front of my current rotation of A8 games; can't see that changing either because replay experience is strong and gameplay is so well done and consistent (for example control of player ship and collision detection throughout the game).

I love shooters/shmups, and I always enjoyed this game in the arcade. It is wonderful to be able to play this on an A8.

All the fine attention to details -- graphics, sound effects, enemy AI behavior, etc -- present in this version really demonstrate a love for Bosconian and the A8: the best elements of both Bosconian arcade and what the A8 is capable of come through and shine in this version. :cool:

Thank you very much to all involved in making and sharing this game with the A8 community.

Thank you for your hard work, dedication and commitment and generosity. :)

Thank you for making and sharing Bosconian 8 bit! :thumbsup:

edit/addition

incorrect spell correction of hard work fixed from hand work back to hard work

you'd think spell checkers would be better/more intuitive and accurate in 2018....

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Shanti77: You know we love Bosconian, its grown in front of our screens and gave us a new arcade port of epic proportions and and for me, I've 2 new great shooters to enjoy between your game and Jon Williams Baby Berks so cute game. So I'd encourage you to keep on with the new stuff and if you fancy returning to update Bosconian then by all means do but use the creative spark that's there for the new stuff and feel free to amaze us again...

Btw, I'm happy to donate if you do make a new game or even just sell the game as a digital download, good stuff is great to have and any dev should stick a donate button on his or her site, that way its a no pressure thing but if you need something for the machine then maybe the public can help a little. Many devs are not really in to being paid and I can see why but a donate button leaves it as TOTALLY optional. I just love the stuff that comes out and so many do it all for free so maybe if I can and others can give the little we may be able to afford if we like what we see/ hear / use then its a win win all around..

Just an old idea being rebumped out of hope it happens.......

Digital scope for Avery if I win the lottery :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just checked out one of those "Let's compare" videos and once again we are the lucky bastards having the best conversion :) (Even though it took a little while ;) ;) )

I'm a bit confused though....which versions are there and am I playing the "best" version for my U1MB extended machine ?

Also, are there PAL/NTSC versions ? The version I have now shows a bit graphic errors on the intro screen but plays perfectly using a NTSC ANTIC on a PAL machine.

• Like 2

Well,

thats one of todays computer problems - so (too?) many updates that one loses track and errm, a final version is not always a final version...

- Bosconian final version was released at Silly Venture 2017 (november or december 2017 afair) and was available in four versions: a) 64k PAL version, b) 128k PAL version, c) 64k NTSC version and d) 128k NTSC version

- since the PAL version did have some free cycles, shanti created a special 64k version that contains most things (but not everything) of the 128k version; this updated/upgraded 64k PAL version became available after the final version, so it was named BoscoF1.xex, where F1 means something like final+1 or one after final...

Personally, I can live with NTSC versions and have no problem that they run slower on PAL - since I am getting old and my reflexes are much slower nowadays, I even like it that some games are slower on PAL... ;-)

Lol....I went back to Dropzone yesterday after a bash on COD WWII on the PS4 and I was utterly useless, its like I was suffering from lag :)

Used to be pretty good on it, its bad enough that my daughter says "didn't you see that grenade drop near you" on WWII which I did but by the time I hit R1 to lob it back I was too slow :)

Makes her laugh so its ok :)

I just checked out one of those "Let's compare" videos and once again we are the lucky bastards having the best conversion :) (Even though it took a little while ;) ;) )

I'm a bit confused though....which versions are there and am I playing the "best" version for my U1MB extended machine ?

Also, are there PAL/NTSC versions ? The version I have now shows a bit graphic errors on the intro screen but plays perfectly using a NTSC ANTIC on a PAL machine.

wow! I didn't know anyone placed NTSC Antic in a PAL machine. what's the advantage of doing this?

I live in NTSC land so I don't know.

• Like 1

OK so ....how do I know which version I have......and why istnt there a single spot where all versions can be downloaded :)

I blame the sad system of this forum where it is not possible for the OP to change the first posts, on forums where this Is possible the OP can constantly update the first post and included the latest versions of the files...

Edited by Level42

Lol....I went back to Dropzone yesterday after a bash on COD WWII on the PS4 and I was utterly useless, its like I was suffering from lag :)

Used to be pretty good on it, its bad enough that my daughter says "didn't you see that grenade drop near you" on WWII which I did but by the time I hit R1 to lob it back I was too slow :)

Makes her laugh so its ok :)

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.....I only get better with age.....I just improved my PR on Donkey Kong by over 30000 points and finally videoed it and submitted it for official WR registration :)

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/192383

OK so ....how do I know which version I have......and why istnt there a single spot where all versions can be downloaded :)

I blame the sad system of this forum where it is not possible for the OP to change the first posts, on forums where this Is possible the OP can constantly update the first post and included the latest versions of the files...

Albert can allow the first post to be edited if the op asks. I've done this for several of my game threads.

• Like 4