IGNORED

Penguin Adventure, Gradius and Super Game Module 3rd Production Status

GraziGamer

S8AdoHA.png

This is the production status for Penguin Adventure, Gradius and the Super Game Module (3rd run). The status will be updated as required.

[updated: 12/09/2016]

- Penguin Adventure

• Game: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Box: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Label: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Manual: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Cases: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • PCBs: READY FOR SHIPPING

- Gradius

• Game: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Label: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Manual: READY FOR SHIPPING

- Super Game Module

• Nameplate: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Assorted components: READY FOR SHIPPING
  • Manuals: READY FOR SHIPPING

THE BOXES HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED AND WE ARE MAKING THE PACKAGES TO SHIP EVERYTHING TO ATARIAGE SO ALBERT CAN DISTRIBUTE IT. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Edited by GraziGamer
  • Like 13

So should we assume that those who got "placeholder nameplates" on their second-run SGM will be receiving their "real" nameplates soon?

Actually what about the "placeholder nameplates" for the first run SGM modules? We were supposed to get replacement nameplates for those as well.

Actually what about the "placeholder nameplates" for the first run SGM modules? We were supposed to get replacement nameplates for those as well.

OK, I am checking with Grazi and we promise we will have an answer for that until the end of the week. Here is the problem: we sold about 500 SGMs during 1st and 2nd run. Considering that I already lost money for the 1st run, where I had to reprint everything and ended about $4,000 over budget, which I had to pay out of my pocket, replacing that many nameplates now would be a serious financial hit on me. In addition to that, those early SGMs were shipped with a nameplate, which didn't look as good as I had hoped, still it nothing compared to the temporary paper nameplate we used for the last 50 or so modules during the last run. On the other hand I want to make everybody happy with their modules. So please allow us a few days to make the math and see what can be done.

• Like 1

I, for one, am happy with the 1st run nameplates and don't need or want a replacement.

OK, I am checking with Grazi and we promise we will have an answer for that until the end of the week. Here is the problem: we sold about 500 SGMs during 1st and 2nd run. Considering that I already lost money for the 1st run, where I had to reprint everything and ended about $4,000 over budget, which I had to pay out of my pocket, replacing that many nameplates now would be a serious financial hit on me. In addition to that, those early SGMs were shipped with a nameplate, which didn't look as good as I had hoped, still it nothing compared to the temporary paper nameplate we used for the last 50 or so modules during the last run. On the other hand I want to make everybody happy with their modules. So please allow us a few days to make the math and see what can be done.

• Like 2

I don't mind paying a for a new name plate, will you make these available to purchase?

That could be an option.

I know you had always planned to replace them but I'm not one to kick someone in the wallet so to speak especially after all the work you've done, so if you can make them available to buy for the first run SGMs I'm down with that.

Actually doubly down with that since I've got two SGMs that need them.

Edited by TMOSteel
  • Like 1

We just updated the first post.

A few quick updates. Boxes are going to the printer this week. The good news is that we are also printing some of the future releases, so that should speed up things in the future.

We got final proofs for the nameplates and they look great.

Received what was supposed to the final PCBs of the new SGM. Unfortunately we made a mistake with the mounting holes, other than that the boards work great. We will need one more run to get those perfect.

Nevertheless we will start the PCB manufacturing process this week as well, which initially involves a lot of talk with the factory to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Picture shows, from left to right: Original SGM board, new SGM board, and Super Game Cartridge board.

The new SGM board is about 30% smaller, SCART compatible and sounds slightly better.

post-1432-0-13334900-1468883065_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Is there any difference in functionality between the new SGM board and old SGM board?

We just updated the first post.

A few quick updates. Boxes are going to the printer this week. The good news is that we are also printing some of the future releases, so that should speed up things in the future.

We got final proofs for the nameplates and they look great.

Received what was supposed to the final PCBs of the new SGM. Unfortunately we made a mistake with the mounting holes, other than that the boards work great. We will need one more run to get those perfect.

Nevertheless we will start the PCB manufacturing process this week as well, which initially involves a lot of talk with the factory to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Picture shows, from left to right: Original SGM board, new SGM board, and Super Game Cartridge board.

The new SGM board is about 30% smaller, SCART compatible and sounds slightly better.