IGNORED

Penguin Adventure, Gradius and Super Game Module 3rd Production Status

GraziGamer

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, time for another update:

- We finally got the nameplates. However, before we start sending replacement nameplates, we want to concentrate on getting our 3 upcoming games/modules behind us.

- After 2 weeks fighting the boxes, we finally have everything ready to go to the printer. I just recorded a 30 minutes podcast explaining why it took so long to get those boxes completed (that actually started back in December), but the end result is kind of boring, so unless someone absolutely needs and wants to know about this kind of stuff, suffice to say we had all kinds of problems, but it is all good now.

- Still waiting for the final SGM prototype. Should get that this week.

So yeah, boxes and PCBs are the only remaining missing components.

• Like 1

Does it open and close like the new game box designs do? Locking closed with magnets on the side?

Yes, same box type. :)

A thing of beauty.

Is this the one that will be supplied if pre-ordered through the AA store?

Exactly, that is the box for the 3rd run sold by AA Store.

• Like 4

So Pac-Man Collection will be renamed Pac-Man DX? Any chance that Pac-Man Plus will be fully unlocked and accessible from the title screen? That seems appropriate to me if the cartridge carries a different name...

That is the plan. The best hasn't been announced yet. ;)

• Like 4

Excited about the Super Game Module and all our Super Game Cartridge games? How about a catalog that lists everything? To be included with every Opcode release...

Awesome! That's a great addition I've been wanting to see for years in homebrew releases. :)

• Like 2

Slacker :)

:lolblue:

And I finally ordered a Canadian Power Supply, so it can handle the SGM and the modded Genesis controller with a pass-thru. Hopefully it'll solve the vdp glitchy issue and vram curruption due to bad wires. You don't want to play Knightmare with flickering duplicated enemies and their shots in the wrong spots. Probably not enough voltage going to the vdp causing that and not turning on the bit to move the sprite #8-31 over 128 pixels.

• 2 weeks later...

Excited about the Super Game Module and all our Super Game Cartridge games? How about a catalog that lists everything? To be included with every Opcode release...

That is awesome! Certain things like this I remember always liking: Sears Wish Book, ToysRUs Christmas Catalog in boxes of Cheerios and video game catalogs showing past, present and future games! :)

Any ETA on when Gradius and Penguin Adventure will be shipping along with these things of beauty (aka catalogs)?

Troy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

S8AdoHA.png

This is the production status for Penguin Adventure, Gradius and the Super Game Module (3rd run). The status will be updated as required.

[updated: 8/11/2016]

- Penguin Adventure

• Game: gold
  • Box: printing
  • Label: ready to go to the printer
  • Manual: ready to go to the printer
  • Cases: stocked
  • PCBs: going to manufacturing soon

- Gradius

• Game: gold
  • Label: ready to go to the printer
  • Manual: ready to go to the printer
  • PCBs: going to manufacturing soon

- Super Game Module

• PCBs: waiting for final prototype (delayed)
  • Nameplate: stocked
  • Assorted components: all stocked
  • Manuals: ready to go to the printer

Can i get one of the SGM with the new box design?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...