IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

WOOO HOO!

The proud father of twins! Haha!

gallery_45412_1640_88262.jpg

I was at Wal-Mart earlier today buying some groceries and I decided to ask about these.

I was told they were only getting 6!

I said "6 Cartons?" Nope! 6!

Jesus maybe everyone on AtariAge is right about the shortages I whispered unheard in my own head.

I was told I could wait in line and I could get one at one minute after Midnight. So I went out of the house right after the Daily Show finished and got to Wal-Mart where I was given the Number 5. One more person arrived within 10 minutes and we all talked and waited for 2 hours. 4 Ladies and 2 guys, for those counting. While talking the other guy said he'd called around. He said Target's getting 12 and The GameStop next to Target (The one everybody forgets about) is getting 6 and he wasn't sure about the GameStop in the Mall, but he assumed 6 or 12. Pretty soon I said, "Hey what about the Wal-Mart out on Campstool?" (AKA The Wal-Mart on the other side of town that everyone forgets about). Nobody knew, so we asked this nice, hardworking death metal kid named Michael who was Wal-Mart's Electronics Support Manager as he'd been hanging out with us a little bit and was there to turn away some more people and answer the more and more frequent phone calls. He said "They're getting 6, and plan on putting them out at 6:30AM (for some reason)". Odd since they're open 24/7. At this point, some of us in the group began scheming to get over there after our purchases here to buy more for gifts and kids etc...Mostly it was myself, this Air Force guy, and these 2 Latina ladies, one of whom had waited at Wal-Mart, starting at 4PM! Before leaving they said they found 3 extra controllers. These were aftermarket jobbers (Turbo Controllers made by Emio or something like that) and sold for about $14, but I didn't get one as I asked fourth and they only had three...We were led up to the register at 12:01 and Michael handed us each one NES Mini.

As I left the parking lot some girls were already taking selfies with themselves and the Minis...I figured it was bit cold, but all in all a nice night for little drive, So I might as well head over to the other Wal-Mart, and if there were already people there waiting I could always buy some more groceries, because let's face it you can never have enough groceries.

When I arrived at the second Wal-Mart, it was like a ghost town inside (like normal late at night). I saw an employee and headed toward him, but he ducked into an aisle, then around a corner and began to stock some shelves. I finally caught up to him and it turned out, he was their Support Manager and I began asking questions. Slowly he began to tell me that the shipment was misplaced and they couldn't seem to find it in the back.

So I asked if someone could at least run back and take a look around. As I was talking to him I saw the Air Force guy from the other store approaching with another guy behind him. I told him, "These people probably want one too". At this point he goes, "Well OK Let me check on this." And he began to talk on his radio asking if they ever found the misplaced Nintendo Minis. He then told us, "Well there's one left and it's at register 11".

So I said, "Let's go! We can just flip a coin when we get there!"...Needless to say I won the toss!

Cheers!

That is so cool. Do let us know how it works.

• Like 1

I have seen gouging but are you out of your mind. He has a receipt proving he paid 64 dollars and 19 cents. And he is asking 1,000 dollars.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Classic-Edition-Mini-Console-w-30-Games-SYSTEMS-IN-HAND-/282252397774?hash=item41b78dccce%3Ag%3AHvoAAOSw5cNYJdI4&_trkparms=pageci%253A0cef1198-a821-11e6-a657-005056976b77%257Cparentrq%253A53f116051580a605b8382525fffd468d%257Ciid%253A7

Edited by 0078265317
  • Like 1

There's two items in the eBay auctions I'd buy. The Japanese version of the mini, or the guy that's selling a rPi setup. Otherwise, this is damn insane.

I hope these people lose their shirts in 3 weeks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.XNES+Classic+mini.TRS0&_nkw=NES+Classic+mini&_sacat=0

Edited by Inky
  • Like 1

I'm kind of feeling like I'm on a roll right now!...

2 Minis last night and yesterday I got my email saying My Atari Flashback Portable has shipped! Those were supposed to be delayed until the 29th, but I ordered it directly from AtGames, with special thanks to hardcoresince84 on that one.

I better get a lotto ticket with this kind of luck!

• Like 2

post-13896-0-96401000-1478881464_thumb.jpg

Pic of people waiting in line at LameStop in the mall (that didn't open for another hour) for their Mini's. Who knows how long they've been there.

Wal-Mart had people waiting yesterday since 8:30pm in order to get theirs at midnight. Immediately sold out shortly after.

Toys 'R Us sold out right at opening this morning.

Drove by Target at 6am this morning and saw a line of people waiting to get in. Believe the store opens at 8 or 9am.

...Wow, damn thing is a little more popular than I would have thought! I'll eventually get one, but this camping out shit is insane. This phenomenon not unlike Black Friday, has truly become a lifestyle for some. Oh well, on to more important things, like Sting's new album and The Rolling Stones Live in Havana Blu-ray that I treated myself to instead. :love:

I went to my local outdoor mall at 9:50AM to see whether there were lines in front of the Gamestop and the Best Buy there. Both stores opened at 10AM. I saw that Gamestop had already opened early to accommodate the people in line. They had 12 units to sell and sold them all. I went over to Best Buy, which had a line outside the door of about two dozen people. Best Buy had handed out tickets at 8:30AM to the people in line. They opened the store at 10AM and had 20 units on display, each one marked with a number. Fifteen minutes later, only 3 remained. If the people with their ticket did not come back by 1PM, they would go on the floor. However, they only got 2 of the official separately packaged controllers, but they had about 4 of the NES Advantage-styled controllers and a couple of extension cables. They went quickly.

The bottom line is "early bird catches the worm." I did not see the crowd at Gamestop, but I did see several women in the crowd at Best Buy and even a little girl. Not everyone had the look of a reseller, but one guy who got a dented box was clearly disappointed. It seems that getting to the store 4 hours before its opening was probably the way to go if you wanted a console in your hands today.

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 2

No resellers in the line that I waited with. Other than a couple of Christmas presents, the others if they're not already setup will be before they go to bed tonight.

One advantage of wind and rain, perhaps. Only was worth it for those that were going to enjoy it in way or another, rather than list it for a likely marginal profit for the effort they expended in getting it.

• Like 1

I possibly have another one coming online, as my back up plan if I didn't get one today.

If it happens and I'm not just cancelled, I'll pm you and let you have it at cost if you're still interested. Supposed to be available for in-store pickup at my local Wal-Mart on the 22nd, so we'll see what happens.

I went into my local Walmart around 10:30PM last night and asked an employee if they had any for the midnight release. He said he didn't think so, but he would check for me. I stood an waited for about 5 minutes or so, and heard on another employees walkie talkie that they were looking for them, and were having no luck. I just waited, and he came back with a manager stating they couldn't find any, but to hold on and they'd continue to look. I was starting to worry a bit, thinking I'd maybe have to try the town 20 minutes away. A few short minutes later, they come out with there case of 6, and it was just me. I started thinking maybe this whole shortage thing was a touch overblown. (I will say this, I was in a town with a very low population and was actually shocked when I found out a Walmart was being built there years ago) So anyways, I was feeling pretty good about my situation, it being around 11:30PM and I was just standing there in the store mostly by myself and employees, so I wander off to pick up a few items and I'd just come back. As I was shopping, I noticed a few people in the demographic (25-40) heading towards electronics. So I work my way back, and sure enough, a few have shown up for the thing. I get back in place, (thankfully, it wasn't a rush of people or anything), and was to find out that these people who are here now are ones that came from the other store I contemplated going to from earlier in the story. They had a line at that store of about 20 or so, and were informed that there was only 6 there too. So, I guess I am a bit thankful for smalltown living, and being able to get my hands one. They too sold out right away after midnight.

On a side note, yes, the cords are offensively short. Don't know what Nintendo was thinking there.

• Like 1

So what I'm curious about.. who here got one and is good at Punchout? Can you go straight to Mr. Dream and let us know if it seems to play normally and you can dodge ok? :)

That's actually one of the first things I did and yes, I detected no lag in the input! I didn't last very long because I'm a bit rusty but I can't blame the controllers on that one. There is lag in the audio department, however. More here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258901-nes-classic-edition-is-here/?p=3628855

Winning bid: US $1,525.00 [41 bids]

Do you think these were serious bids, or that someone just drove the bids up to be a jerk?

I can't believe anyone would actually pay $1500 for one!

I mean, c'mon, they're kind of a neat little thing, but I think even the MSRP of $60 US is a bit steep...

• Like 3