IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Thanks for the video... I am sure they will get better with time. :)

I watched the video mostly to learn what was going on with the Genesis here... isn't that just the Genesis USB Hub with a controller next to it, or is this some Genesis variation that I have missed?

MrBlackCat

Yes, It is the USB hub. Stuck a Pi zero in it. Kept it neat, Just NES, SNES, GENESIS, MASTER SYSTEM and TG16

Sorry dude, don't mean to sound negative. But the NES Mini is not a Flashback console. Also at 3:35, Famicom released in Japan in 1983, not 82ish like he said in the video. @4:28, "there were five games that were different." Technically it was eight...

seriously your going to nit dick meh who gives a shit details given from a random guy and his child?

it might as well be a flashback console, its some shitbox emulation packaged up in a cute mini case that serves only one reason, to tickle your nostalgia bits

82 ish vs a whole 7 months later, relax man

technically quit being a douche, its a rough overview, not a historical deceleration for all time to quote from this point on

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(psychology)

"A flashback, or involuntary recurrent memory, is a psychological phenomenon in which an individual has a sudden, usually powerful, re-experiencing of a past experience or elements of a past experience. These experiences can be happy, sad, exciting, or any other emotion one can consider."

Sure sounds like the NES Classic to me.

I don't see much substantive difference between this and the Atari, Coleco, or Mattel retro remake consoles that literally have the word "Flashback" printed on them.

• Like 1

NES Mini is NOT a Flashback. At 2:18, he states:

And I stopped watching there. :facepalm:

It is a Flashback. - It is an emulation box like every other Flashback system. Only difference is it is a much better quality Flashback system then The Coleco, Atari and others that have been out but it is still very much a Flashback system. I do concede I was wrong about the amount of unique games in the Famicom. It is 8 and I am sure I am wrong about other things as well but whatever my daughter wanted to make Youtube videos and that is what we are doing so lady da..

• Like 2

Ahhh... I have seen that done. I was hoping it was something I had missed. Super cute. :)

Thanks for the reply.

MrBlackCat

You can get on one Ebay for around $30.00 and just a little bit of dremell or cutting for the HDMI port and use the USB cable hole for the power cord and you are good. Some people have gotten fancy and hooked up the on/off switch

Edited by racerx135
  • Like 1

@racerx135: Sorry man didn't mean to offend, and I didn't realise it was your video. I'm looking back over the crap I wrote and it wasn't cool. So I'm starting over. Let's be friends? Anyway looking forward to your next vid... ;-)

And yeah, that's a sweet game room. I only dream I could afford a gig like that. Glad to see your daughter being raised on retro games. What is her favorite game of all time, new or old?

• Like 2

Who is "he?" The Target dog?

I sure hope the Switch brigs some good Virtual Console features. I agree with this wishlist: https://www.google.com/amp/kotaku.com/how-virtual-console-could-make-the-switch-a-must-own-1791404297/

I love this idea from the article:

A Netflix-style subscription package: This is an easy winner. Charge people a monthly $15-20 subscription for unlimited access to hundreds of NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube games. The games automatically lock whenever your subscription ends. Just a win-win.

Yes, I have any number of ways to play those same games through emulation or outright piracy, if I choose. But I would pay Nintendo for what I believe would be a pretty package around them, and a legal way to have access to all of these.

• Like 1

I love this idea from the article:

A Netflix-style subscription package: This is an easy winner. Charge people a monthly $15-20 subscription for unlimited access to hundreds of NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube games. The games automatically lock whenever your subscription ends. Just a win-win.

Yes, I have any number of ways to play those same games through emulation or outright piracy, if I choose. But I would pay Nintendo for what I believe would be a pretty package around them, and a legal way to have access to all of these.

Yes, the same thing that's been called for Nintendo to do since the Wii days. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they have an interest in it. Of course, never say never, because people have been calling for the NES Mini for many years, and Nintendo finally delivered (at least in principle; it's still tough to find one in the wild).

Edited by BillLoguidice
  • Like 1

Probably was the Target dog, would have to be something dumb enough to say something that idiotic hoping another fool would buy into it. Nintendo isn't going to stop making systems with demand as it is, even if they are too dumb to put out enough of them to meet demand they will want some money out of it.

• Like 1

Probably was the Target dog, would have to be something dumb enough to say something that idiotic hoping another fool would buy into it. Nintendo isn't going to stop making systems with demand as it is, even if they are too dumb to put out enough of them to meet demand they will want some money out of it.

Or they will do the real smart thing and create a Super-NES Mini that is the equivalent of the Ouya. With the demand for such an "official" gaming device being what it is, why limit a mini console to 30 built-in games when they can make a download-only device that can contain many more games (with possibly several built-in emulators) and have people pay a few bucks per game?

If the folks at Nintendo actually have plans to do such a Super-NES Mini, then by all means, they should discontinue the NES Mini now and put their energies into the next Mini.

On the other hand, I shouldn't (and probably never will) hold my breath for a Super-NES Mini. Nintendo will want to push the Switch as far as they can, and that probably includes offering a Virtual Console service. I don't think it's the right strategy to follow given the positive consumer response to the NES Mini, but the shirts at Nintendo would probably disagree with me.

• Like 1

statistics to this point says otherwise

So when do you think they will stop making the classic edition then?

last November, the dribble today was in the pipeline 3-6 months ago
Edited by Osgeld

Or they will do the real smart thing and create a Super-NES Mini that is the equivalent of the Ouya. With the demand for such an "official" gaming device being what it is, why limit a mini console to 30 built-in games when they can make a download-only device that can contain many more games (with possibly several built-in emulators) and have people pay a few bucks per game?

If the folks at Nintendo actually have plans to do such a Super-NES Mini, then by all means, they should discontinue the NES Mini now and put their energies into the next Mini.

On the other hand, I shouldn't (and probably never will) hold my breath for a Super-NES Mini. Nintendo will want to push the Switch as far as they can, and that probably includes offering a Virtual Console service. I don't think it's the right strategy to follow given the positive consumer response to the NES Mini, but the shirts at Nintendo would probably disagree with me.

They probably will. Due to the cheapest parts they could find knowing them, they went with something that is more powerful than the New3DS they put out two years ago. I'm not sure as I don't have it side by side, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it already wasn't more powerful than the Ouya. They limit it to 30 because they are control freaks and would rather just peddle another later as an option like the yearly Atari Flashbacks perhaps, or their classic paranoia about piracy blocked allowing 'official' uploads despite how easy it is to actually do it anyway. I don't think they'd kill off the SNES one, that would be like the ATGames going ...well we released the Colecovision and Intellivision, let's never do another Atari or Sega device -- won't happen. You just throw more and more out there to get more money from the fans. Given they have the Switch out in a month, I don't see it happening very likely around Christmas as it could split the market, but had it not come out I'd almost want to put money on them doing it at the end of the year had they sit on the annoying flop of a WiiU a year longer.

• Like 1

Care to show me some cited statistics or admission by Nintendo that shows they aren't manufacturing them, or are you using troll math based upon the small supply and the large amount of internet bitching?

care to show me statitics that nintendo has a tuckload of them just 2 block's down the road

troll math is exactly the same as fanboi math except one minor thing

troll math has proven you cant but the damn thing for several months now, fanboy math say's you can sometime, any time very soon

one is proven at the moment, the other is not, use your 3rd grade reasoning to figure out which one

average expedited parts is 9-16 days (including custom injection moulds, which were available on day one) , we are nearing the 16th week

good hunch btw, ninendo isnt making a oyua when they have more or less the same system with 3 damn batteries a dock, and a half dozen extra accesories wrapped up in their switch, a 1.5 gen old nvidia tablet

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Well if Nintendo actually produced enough to satiate the collectors who literally buy one of everything (or two if they collect mint), the casual audience banking on the plug and play nostalgia is likely different than the core console gaming audience. That isn't to say there isn't crossover, but NES Mini, SNES Mini, future N64 Mini (you know they'll do one eventually even if it has fewer games on it), and possibly even a Game Boy / Color / Advance combined unit seems like a win-win. People not interested in a full fledged console will buy the plug and play, gamers not interested in plug and plays will still buy the console, and a fair portion of the crossover market will buy both. I don't believe that the presence of plug and play units will cannibalize sales of Switch consoles or even Virtual Console games. It's as ludicrus as alleging the Game Boy eroded SNES sales in the early 90s. Nintendo has always remained a company of two pillars. Now that their handheld and console divisions have merged into one, they have a new plug-and-play division. If anything, the presence of the Minis might actually boost sales of VC titles otherwise not available on the Mini. Nintendo simply needs to not "pull a Nintendo," leaving money on the table by intentionally shorting stock... :roll:

• Like 1

So you're just using trolling, that's fine. I guess i shouldn't be surprised, much of your posts that have something to do with the Switch perhaps Nintendo in general seem to be negative. Did they touch you in your sleep or something? Nothing is proven other than they're f'ng clueless about supplying enough product and are equally stupid about trying to get the problem taken care of. That's what my reasoning shows and it plays out quite clearly as such. They have not terminated their product.

See already trolling from one subject to the next, bitching about the Switch which you have as does anyone not under NDA, has any true damned clue about since they won't discuss it. So either you're under an NDA, or you're making up opinion into facts.

I stopped being a Nintendo fan/fanboy years ago when they pissed me off with the Wii, further back really when I had to go multi-console in the 90s because they screwed up with the N64 making me run to NEC to get a Turbo Duo to fill the long gaps of no games. I'm no apologist for their bullshit, but at the same time I'm not going to throw them under the bus without real hard information and I dislike seeing people assuming garbage just because it helps paint the story they want to shovel to others in hopes they believe the guesses as 'facts' too. That's why I'm writing these responses, not because I'm loyal to those f'ups as they've screwed up consistently console side post-Gamecube.

• Like 1

So you're just using trolling, that's fine. I guess i shouldn't be surprised, much of your posts that have something to do with the Switch perhaps Nintendo in general seem to be negative.

I guess you are talking to me since you have no idea what the quote button is

but no, not most of my comments have been negative, just disappointed, but I assume that is the same for someone who is obviously in love with a namebrand

its been mostly negative since nintendo seems to feel that a customer with money in hand is to be treated like cow standing in a bitch line, I do no support that

Nothing is proven other than they're f'ng clueless about supplying enough product and are equally stupid about trying to get the problem taken care of.

except the countless stories of people forming lines to buy something they cant buy cause supply is not enough, if nintendo had a clue about supply and demand, this would be a non issue, they missed the biggest selling point of the entire year, period

So either you're under an NDA, or you're making up opinion into facts.

I am neither, its a pretty simple game to play, at 16 weeks with no appreciable improvement since the BIGGEST DAMN RETAIL SEASON, why would nintendo bust their balls now with snatch on its way out the door? seriously apply basic logic

I stopped being a Nintendo fan/fanboy years ago when ...

and yet you get seriously defensive if anyone question's nintendoh ... on multiple occasions

btw no one gives a shit about your entire console history

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1