IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

If I didn't have to get the kids up and to school in the morning I would go stand and line for 0078265317. I would only charge what I paid plus shipping.

Many others here have expressed finding one difficult. So I was just sharing. I am not waiting in line. I have the originals (not all 30 but quite a few) and a game genie to tide me over. I will stand in line for the super mini but not this. I only want this for the save states. I can do with out if I have to. Plus the lag in punchout and sound issues in certain games might be enough to annoy me. You barely notice others say. But for me I might.

• Like 2

Many others here have expressed finding one difficult. So I was just sharing. I am not waiting in line. I have the originals (not all 30 but quite a few) and a game genie to tide me over. I will stand in line for the super mini but not this. I only want this for the save states. I can do with out if I have to. Plus the lag in punchout and sound issues in certain games might be enough to annoy me. You barely notice others say. But for me I might.

Well I wasn't going to actually stand in line. I would have brought my folding chair and an iPod to pass the time.

• Like 1

I don't see the big issue with standing in line for one. I did it...only waited 30 minutes, but was lucky enough to get a voucher. That's the kick in the pants; waiting but still not getting one due to short supply. If I knew what day my Walmart got these in, I'd have waited again if only to get another controller. But by then the jackals had found out about the machine.

• Like 1

On November 11th I went to bestbuy like 10 minutes before they opened. There were already 30 people waitng there. I was not sure for what but surely it could not of been for the classic edition mini nintendo I told my self. Well it actually was. Or well at least half was. They said sold out right away and they gave out gold tickets last night. They did not mention that before. I hhad no idea. Later when they got more next time they said no ticket needed they will just give them out first come first serve. That day he said they gave out yellow tickets last night. He lied and said they were not doing tickets this time. But they clearly were. Every gamestop I went to sold out within 10 minutes. My local gamestop got some in at 11am one day (I forget which day). And 30 minutes later they were gone. Another location in 10 minutes after store opening. I even got up early once and 2 hours before and there were already 2 people there. And then drove to antoehr gamestop and there already was a guy there who called the night before to ask. So did I but I did not have time to argue. So lines are waste of time. I would happily go tomorrow. But popularity and low supply make it a no deal for me.

Fair enough, I was just trying to help. It sounds to me like you've already seen lines short enough that you probably would have gotten one by now if you really wanted it. I also think it sucks if the store hands out vouchers the night before, without telling anyone. Maybe there were people camping out and they wanted to save them a cold night....Just an optimistic guess. But any store doing that should post a sign or tell their employees. I actually had more fun than I thought I would waiting in line, we were nearly on a first name basis at the end of it, and our WalMart instantly told all newcomers that all Minis were already accounted for...It really wasn't so bad.

Atarilovesyou,

I wouldn't mind getting another controller too...But I think I'm going to get on eBay and get an Emio Edge (BestBuy on Ebay has the best price). The build quality of those looks amazing, (like a microswitched NES Advantage), plus you could get 2 of them for the price of one more Nintendo Branded controller (assuming they are about $60 right now)...Personally I'm going to be looking at third party controllers too...I'm liking the deal where you can get a case, 2 extension cables, and a controller (3rd party but maybe decent enough) for less than $30...Also I know 3rd party controllers may vary in quality, just like they do for a real NES. But then again I've gotten controllers I like for the real NES that were brand new and only ran me about $8. I wish that exact brand made controllers for the Mini. I may have to research that...Still I also understand wanting what you want. I'd rather have a Nintendo Branded controller too, but not at $60, personally I'd go as high as $20...Last time I spent $60, I got 2 Brand New Nintendo controllers, sealed in the box for NES...

Who knows why but in my area it was the exact same thing. They wouldn't divulge that information over the phone but it sounded like it was gonna be more than 15 of them so he probably has a good chance of getting one.

That sucks. I suppose from the store's perspective, it's nice to get you in the door so you can buy something else if you can't get what you came for. Not my scene but I hope you got what you wanted.

That sucks. I suppose from the store's perspective, it's nice to get you in the door so you can buy something else if you can't get what you came for. Not my scene but I hope you got what you wanted.

Although I could be wrong because my other sources are claiming only 7 units per store. But there are posts of some stores getting 20.

Edited by thadsilverfox

See that sucks. Every time I have gotten in front of Target, someone would come out and tell the people how many they had in stock and whether the vouchers were all gone or not. So the people that missed out didn't waste their time standing in front of the store with their hopes up. Best Buy I guess likes to keep people in the dark so hopefully they can come in anyway and buy something else.

• Like 2

I probably should of asked last night if they were giving tickets. He said all gone. Nobody 250 miles radius has any. They are all gone. That's all right I will wait for super mini.

If it helps any (because I'm in the same boat) I'm thinking the next time around, Nintendo will have the supply issues covered, if only because they want to avoid looking totally stupid. Fake scarcity is a possibility, but it only works if eventually you provide enough product to sell. SMB2 was scarce at once time, now you can trip over stacks of them, same with the original Wii.

And if I find one before you do, I'll PM you and you can have it for cost plus shipping. Pact, brother.

• Like 4

Thanks but not going to find one. Would they maybe consider sell the floor display model? 2 near me have displays.

I'm sure they've been asked that a jillion times. It's one of the most annoying things you can ask a retail worker. But hey, no harm in asking all the same.

• Like 1