IGNORED

Redout - F-Zero/WipEout Fans Rejoice

The release is almost here! I never do this, but if I can PLEASE ask other F-Zero and WipEout fans to support this developer... we need hover car racers, especially well produced ones like this. If NIntendo won't make a sequel, and if Sony is just going to close down Psygnosis, then it's up to other studios to fill the void.

On Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

I love the graphical look, and love the ship designs. You can tell a lot of love was put into this, and I just hope it does well so more are made.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Looks pretty cool! Not something I'd get day one perhaps, but definitely if it was on sale. How many tracks will this have? Because that's something that always concerns me with racing games. When I was young I played the original Wipeout a few times and liked it. However, the Jet Moto series I loved.

• Like 1

Looks pretty cool! Not something I'd get day one perhaps, but definitely if it was on sale. How many tracks will this have? Because that's something that always concerns me with racing games. When I was young I played the original Wipeout a few times and liked it. However, the Jet Moto series I loved.

Not sure how many tracks or vehicles, but I do know it'll be a full sized title, and not just a small "wii-ware" sized game.

Hover racing games are like space games -- this big companies are dead but there are a lot of games like this on the indie fringe. I'll Look for a demo, as many of the wipeout wannabes seem to prioritize graphics over control and fun.

It helps that the name is memorable and I will check it out, thanks for the link. You might want to take a look at these similar games too:

Formula Fusion (working with Designers Republic, who helped make Wipeout so iconic)

http://www.r8games.com

AG Drive (probably the best way to get this experience on a handheld outside of PSP/Vita now that Psygnosis is gone)

http://sagasocial.com/zorg-entertainment

Sleeky -- Wipeout has ALWAYS had weapons, it's one thing that differentiates it from F-Zero. You can turn them off if you like, which is nice for pure speed.

Newsdee -- yeah, and a surf rock soundtrack! I would love a crispy modern remake of Jet Moto 1 with good graphics. I will make do with Vector Unit's very pretty Riptide jet ski games, but they're not as crazy as Jet Moto was.

• Like 1

The first time I watched the trailer it looked neat, I see a lot of Extreme-G in its track designs which is awesome...

...but then I started noticing the distracting lighting.

Lots of browns and blues--way too warm or cool. Excessive effects, cranked to 11 the whole time.

If I were a person that really saw light that way, I think I'd have to kill myself.

No, it's a throwback lastgen's browny-brown "realism" effects and probably a pass for me. At best, I might go for it in a steam sale or bundle half a decade from now for $2.50. A shame, since I really love the genre, but I can't unsee those harsh effects. It's another otherwise excellent looking game that's decided to put its poop filter center stage.

The worst of 'brown racing':

Edited by Reaperman

I love futuristic racers.

My favorite series/games of all time include:

-F-Zero

-Wipeout

-Extreme G

-Ep 1 Pod Racer

-Quantum Redshift

-Fast

This new title looks fun but not on any consoles I own or plan to own. If i see it ported to the Wii U eShop at some point i'll definitely snag it.

• Like 1

Looks like Wipeout which I've played forever. Hopefully its just as good (and hopefully easier) but I don't see any weapons. :(

Good news though!

Yeah, this is more of a combo of F-Zero and Wipeout from a control point of view, but lack of weapons more like an F-Zero system.

The first time I watched the trailer it looked neat, I see a lot of Extreme-G in its track designs which is awesome...

...but then I started noticing the distracting lighting.

Lots of browns and blues--way too warm or cool. Excessive effects, cranked to 11 the whole time.

If I were a person that really saw light that way, I think I'd have to kill myself.

No, it's a throwback lastgen's browny-brown "realism" effects and probably a pass for me. At best, I might go for it in a steam sale or bundle half a decade from now for $2.50. A shame, since I really love the genre, but I can't unsee those harsh effects. It's another otherwise excellent looking game that's decided to put its poop filter center stage.

The worst of 'brown racing':

To be fair, that game is called Dirt.

This looks pretty neat, I'll have to see what the reviews say first though. My issue with indie-type racing games is so often they miss on the controls. One reason F-Zero was so awesome was because it really nailed the physics, not too slippery but not too grippy at the same time. It's tough to capture that balance, and most of the arcadey racers I've tried usually go too far in one direction.

• Like 1