IGNORED

What the Blix?

Nice pick up. In theory only 30 made to sell at a Retro Gaming show. If you paid under $200 you most likely did well. LOL It was a cart only release.

Where did you get it? It was released cart in baggie with a bacon dum dum treat. ;)

I picked it up at a little store called Gamer's Paradise in Las Vegas. I couldn't believe it when I seen it in their display case.

Is the game itself any good or is it more of a collector's item?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on a rare find!

Blix was a loose cart only release.

The main complaint people have regarding the game is that the sound isn't right on most consoles. Apparently it sounds "correct" on Intellivision II but sounds wrong on most other consoles. Because of this, the copies that were sold were actually all discounted $5 at the show. Gameplay wise, it's like this one:

http://www.games-games.com/games/puzzles/blix/blix.htm

You can find plenty of other versions online, too.

The "controversy" was that it was limited to 30 copies at CGE 2014. As such, it's naturally highly sought by people who want a complete collection. The story behind why it was strictly limited is probably here or somewhere else online, I'm sure.

I've visited that store in Vegas a couple of times. I find some goodies in there each time I've been there. I'm pretty sure I've seen a boxed Christmas Carol in there before. Is the pinball hall of fame still next door? That's a great place to visit too, nothing to fancy but it's loaded with awesomeness!

I've visited that store in Vegas a couple of times. I find some goodies in there each time I've been there. I'm pretty sure I've seen a boxed Christmas Carol in there before. Is the pinball hall of fame still next door? That's a great place to visit too, nothing to fancy but it's loaded with awesomeness!

Yeah, that's the place. I did check out the pinball hall of fame and you're right, there is a ton of awesomeness in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is the spot ! I bought a working odyssey 2 there a couple years back!

That store is way cool!!! :)