IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES - Castlevania for Intellivision - Official Thread

Let's start the official Castlevania for Intellivision thread. Here is a first look on the game's graphics. Please remember this is still WIP and our graphic artist is still working and polishing them. Also, the screens you see here are for illustration purpose and don't necessarily represent the stage layout as they will appear in the final game.

post-42011-0-58973600-1468950592_thumb.jpg

post-42011-0-60870100-1468950593_thumb.jpg

post-42011-0-53838100-1468950594_thumb.jpg

• Like 21

To be honest, it doesn't even look like Intellivision graphics. It looks like graphics for a more advanced gaming system. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The innocence and simplicity of Intellivision graphics were its charm.

I view it as a good thing since this is what I imagine the Intellivision III would have looked like. It's our only chance to see what could have been.

Can't wait to play this game on my II console!

• Like 9

It doesn't look too advanced for Intellivision on its own, but for sprites to be visible on top of that, they'll have to be fully opaque, requiring at least 2 colors each. Princess Quest is already comparable to this, but leaves most of the play area bkack so that you can see the sprites.

I view it as a good thing since this is what I imagine the Intellivision III would have looked like. It's our only chance to see what could have been.

Can't wait to play this game on my II console!

That is exactly what I thought too. What a great time to be a Intv fan. We have so many really nice people making wonderful things for our little console.

• Like 7

It doesn't look too advanced for Intellivision on its own, but for sprites to be visible on top of that, they'll have to be fully opaque, requiring at least 2 colors each. Princess Quest is already comparable to this, but leaves most of the play area bkack so that you can see the sprites.

I agree. I'd humbly suggest being careful to not make the scenes TOO busy with the background. Almost too much going on and you would be in danger of losing some of the sprite action!

I'm looking forward to seeing the system pushed on this one. Good luck with it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If this works on a stock int 1 sign me up for my first intellivision homebrew.

Looks amazing!

It should work on a stock Intellivision using a non-stock adapter...if that makes any sense.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253616-intellixpander-for-intellivision-2017-from-opcode-games/

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Ok so you need a intellivoice adapter to run this game cause it has speech or something. I am not quite getting it..

If so I will pass then. I thought it was a game you can run in a stock system without any add ons.

Despite the similar form factor to the Intellivoice, it's actually a new (in development) enhancer of sorts. I don't know a lot about it, but if you're a hardware purist this might not be for you. If you don't mind picking up an enhancement module and want to play some more 'advanced' games, then stay tuned for Castlevania and Gradius...and hopefully Metroid and Megaman, maybe? :D

One of these announcement threads has some good discussion regarding the purist/evolution aspects of the module if you want to read up on it.

Check out this thread for more info:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/251084-opcode-games-announces-intellixpander-castlevania-and-gradius-for-2017/

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

Well thats interesting they are making something to enhance the intellivision games. Almost all the the other consoles seem to have something in the works nowadays.

Yeah at 100 CAD for the game and 200CAD for the module before shipping which would be another 50-60 bucks I can not afford this. So I am definitely out. Not a problem with the price point or anything just that the dollar here is down and thats way too much money for me to spend on a game.