IGNORED

Boulder Dash cart questions

Looftie

There are probably dozens of people chasing this cart but does anyone have a loose version of this game for sale? If so, please PM me with you asking price.

Other than eBay and this forum, is there somewhere else I should be checking?

Does the legitimate ColecoVision Telegames cartridge have a silver label with black text?

I want to find the original cart. If reissues or counterfeits exist, is there anything I should watch for to determine if I have found a legit one if/when I find one for sale?

I'm not a hardcore collector. This has always been my favorite Coleco game so I'd like to add it to my meager collection, even if the price is borderline absurd.

Thanks,

Justin

Be warned that, if untested (very unlikely given the dollar value of this game), the sloppy quality control at TeleGames way back when leaves you with a very small chance that the cartridge may not even contain a Boulder Dash board inside. How do I know? I have a beautiful, legitimate Boulder Dash cartridge that is actually Turbo. Fortunately, I knew that in advance.

• Like 1

As far as counterfeits, bootlegs, fan creations, etc., all the ones I have seen have used a completely different style cartridge label (ie: in the MicroFun style, used a black background label, etc.). If a box was included, it was a usually a cardboard style box, not the green platic clamshell with insert sheet you see pictured above.

Seeing as you might have to spend a good amount of money even for a loose cart, make sure the seller tests the cart thoroughly as they have a high failure rate.

That is definitely a game that does not pop up much on ebay, even just a loose cart. If it is not like the picture above then it is a fake or a reproduction that the UK site created. I believe their version of Boulderdash was on the small carts that was created last year or the year before.

Thanks for the reminder ColecoDan about Telegames' re-release of Boulder Dash a couple years ago. It was a poor quality release that used PkK's homebrew mini-cart. In my talks with Telegames before the release, they asked me if I wanted to handle distribution in the U.S., but after I saw the product, I said "thanks, but no thanks!".

Thank you all for sharing/confirming some information about this cartridge.

Having never actually seen an active sales listing yet, if/when an original loose cartridge does show up, about how much do you think I should expect to pay (assuming cart works, label is in excellent condition)? $200-300 for just the cart?

I've been following an eBay search for almost two years now and still haven't seen one pop up.

I've been following an eBay search for almost two years now and still haven't seen one [boulder Dash cartridge] pop up.

One sold on eBay in late June for $78.99 (including shipping) on a BuyItNow. That price is not representative of what I suspect another would obtain in an actual auction scenario.

Speaking of Boulder Dash,.....

Classic Game Publishers' current agreement to co-publish Boulder Dash® Vol. 1 for Intellivision with First Star Software, Inc. ends August 15th, 2016.

Boulder Dash® Vol. 1 for Intellivision has received rave reviews from the press and players alike; and, as a limited edition, at $70. each is much rarer than many other Intellivision games such as 'Space Patrol' which can now only be purchased for $200 or more ... if you can find it!

If you haven't purchased a copy (or two) yet, don't miss out on a very high quality port of this million unit seller!

Sales will end on August 15th, 2016; so, get your serial-numbered copy(s) of this sure to be rare collectible today!

Buy it at:

https://www.naberhood.com/boulder-dash-newpost-31813-0-05252900-1469769118_thumb.jpg