IGNORED

I trimmed my Jag collection down to 5 games only

sirlynxalot

WOW-trimming to five, or twenty five, will never happen for me, but if it had too i'd keep-

-Tempest 2K

-Defender 2k

-Missile Command 3D

-Battlesphere Gold

-Super Burnout

There are many other good titles on Jaguar but I had to go with system exclusives as the Rayman's, Doom's, Worms and Raiden's of the world are perfectly playable on PS1, Genesis, etc.

And if I could only keep 3 CD titles

-Battlemorph

-World Tour Racing

-Iron Soldier 2

• Like 2

Getting OT, but hey it's the Jaguar forum that's what we do here, I wonder what the Jag SD cart will do in terms of prices. I bet the system prices will jump even crazier than they are now. Overall I'm not sure how much flash carts have harmed prices of carts, maybe they've increased exposure to games and people want the real deal. I have certain systems where I'm simply done w/carts because I have an EverDrive for them, but others I still like to have the original carts. As much as there are a lot of stinkers on the Jag, I've already got a full CIB set and even w/the SD cart I won't be getting rid of anything, at least not until I'm old(er) and no longer care about games :)

Getting OT, but hey it's the Jaguar forum that's what we do here, I wonder what the Jag SD cart will do in terms of prices. I bet the system prices will jump even crazier than they are now. Overall I'm not sure how much flash carts have harmed prices of carts, maybe they've increased exposure to games and people want the real deal. I have certain systems where I'm simply done w/carts because I have an EverDrive for them, but others I still like to have the original carts. As much as there are a lot of stinkers on the Jag, I've already got a full CIB set and even w/the SD cart I won't be getting rid of anything, at least not until I'm old(er) and no longer care about games :)

Eh...I think k the impact will be negligible. The (excellent) Lynx SD Cart has been out for a few months now and i haven't seen a spike in prices for that console.

Eh...I think k the impact will be negligible. The (excellent) Lynx SD Cart has been out for a few months now and i haven't seen a spike in prices for that console.

I've been out of the Lynx market for years since I completed my collection but it seems when I do see Lynx auctions the games are overall still pretty cheap whereas Jag has been climbing heavily the last few years.

I've been out of the Lynx market for years since I completed my collection but it seems when I do see Lynx auctions the games are overall still pretty cheap whereas Jag has been climbing heavily the last few years.

The Lynx lacks the Jaguar's notoriety as a complete commercial flop that's kept it (barely) in modern gaming consciousness. That, and its small sales figures, must make it pretty attractive to some collectors who want to get a complete commercial system relatively cheaply (only post-life games are unattainable). The Lynx, on the other hand, sold 3x as many units, had a relatively long life, and is only remembered vaguely as a decent system that didn't go anywhere. Why collect it? I also don't see much interest at all in retro portable gaming, probably because modern gamers expect their handhelds to be multi-use devices instead of dedicated consoles: a Lynx is just a Lynx, not a telephone, and most people don't want to go back to that.

The Lynx lacks the Jaguar's notoriety as a complete commercial flop that's kept it (barely) in modern gaming consciousness.

Something else to keep in mind is classic handhelds aren't generally in demand across the board. Game Boy and Game Gear are particularly cheap in comparison to console stuff, as an example.

I also don't see much interest at all in retro portable gaming, probably because modern gamers expect their handhelds to be multi-use devices instead of dedicated consoles: a Lynx is just a Lynx, not a telephone, and most people don't want to go back to that.

Uhh...plenty of people collect retro handhelds. You could say the same things above about retro consoles (not online, no netflix, etc. etc.) so I don't see how that negates potential interest for the handheld.

But I get what everyone is saying, retro handheld demand IS less than retro console demand, and the Lynx was around longer and is more plentiful than the Jaguar. So I agree the Lynx likely wouldn't be affected like the Jag would be the SD cart.

But disagree that no one is interested in retro handhelds and the Lynx doesn't warrant collecting due to the merits of its own library, which I think is pretty solid and stacks up well against the Jaguars (given that it's an 8 bit system.)

I love my Lynx, Nomad, Turbo Express, GameGear and Nintendo handhelds. Funny thing is, I play them at home. I made the mistake of leaving a Nomad alone for a second at a dealership and it wandered off.

• Like 1

I love my Lynx, Nomad, Turbo Express, GameGear and Nintendo handhelds. Funny thing is, I play them at home. I made the mistake of leaving a Nomad alone for a second at a dealership and it wandered off.

Just curious -- in which decade/century did this happen? (Not meant as a dig at your Nomad, thieves take everything)

Just curious -- in which decade/century did this happen? (Not meant as a dig at your Nomad, thieves take everything)

No worries, I made fun of the theft myself.

I bought it at Game Stop when they were dumping their 16 bit stuff, had it for two years, so 2006ish.

I was the last customer, set ot on the counter to pay and left it there. Next morning, I went back and they let me in early but it was gone. It was on the security cam that showed it until it shut off.

Most likely the cleaning crew but who knows? I had Gunstar Heroes in it to make matters worse.

If I had to trim a Jag collection down to five games, I'd probably go with:

Tempest 2000

- The super fast gameplay and the highly energetic soundtrack always makes it an exhilarating experience. Definitely my top game on the system.

DOOM

- The original is one of my favorite and most-played games of all time, and I like revisiting all of the console versions on a somewhat frequent basis.

Wolf 3D

- Sort of in-line with the above, but unlike DOOM the enhancements make it stand above the PC original in some ways. One of my most-played Jaguar games.

Zoop

- It sounds stupid, but it's a good puzzler to relax to, but also a good game for taking down high scores. I play it more than a lot of other Jag games, so it makes sense to be here.

Raiden

- Like DOOM, the arcade version is one of my favorite games of all time and so I enjoy playing the varying home versions. The Jag version is one of the more enjoyable ports for me despite being a little gimpy compared to the arcade original.

I'd like to add Iron Soldier to the list, but the fact is I play the other five more frequently.

Super Burnout would normally be on here but it seems to be going up and down with me over the years. Visually it's somewhat striking, but the steering is weird--super sharp and unnatural. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, but then other times I come back to it after playing something like Super Hang-On and I have a hard time adjusting (or not thoroughly enjoying myself when I do adjust).

• Like 3

Slightly related, I just sold my Jaguar here in my country, and travelling to the US in 2 weeks and will be looking for a replacement.

Can anyone advise on what a sensible price for one would be? I'm not a CIB collector really, and all I care about is playing games, so as long as the console itself is in excellent shape I don't care about the box. I take it ebay is still a rip-off..?

Also, I am interested in Power Drive Rally. Even though it's listed as just rarity 3, haven't found one. Where might it be possible to get one and how much?

Thanks!!

Edited by walterg74

i've only actually ever had 5 games for my jag but i really love them.

AVP

Wolfenstein 3d

Iron Soldier

Doom

Theme Park

There's something quaint and satisfying about the port of Doom to me, i love the silence (at the time i thought it was a choice) though i hated that it was missing monsters. There was just something about running through this space station killing demons with only the gunshots and their screams being heard, unreal. There are better ports (the psx, pc with brutal doom too haha) but i'll always go back to the jag version.

Wolfenstein is pretty damn fun and the best port (outside of the 3do imho.

Iron Soldier is clunky but damn is it awesome to level a city and shoot up the streets firing at tanks. The remote missile is pretty fun i just wish the controller wasn't such a chore to use, mostly the dpad. I need a 6 button!

Theme Park is a 10/10 game. No complaints. None. If I was on a desert island and i could bring one system and one game, this would be it.

It's taken me over twenty years to get to this stage (although I mostly ignored it for about eight years in the middle).

So, nope, not going to happen. ;)

That looks incredible. Is that Battlesphere sealed? Assuming not, but the top is cropped out and the plastic looks smooth and tight.

Very nice collection.

It's taken me over twenty years to get to this stage (although I mostly ignored it for about eight years in the middle).

So, nope, not going to happen. ;)

So I have to make a game starting with '1' to make you move them all.... hmmm....

• Like 8