IGNORED

It seems the bubble has finally arrived to the Lynx...

Damon Plus

A few days ago I searched a Lynx game (don't remember which) on Ebay, and was surprised to see it so high priced. I did a "sold items" search, and games are starting to get expensive! Loose California Games and Todd's Adventures in Slime World have been sold for more than 10€ I remember when you could get a 5 game pack of common games for those 10€, and you can barely get one of them now for that price. Has the price bubble finally arrived to our beloved Lynx?

• Like 1

Supposedly, after over 20 years, the New Old Stock is finally....sold. When I came here in autumn 2010, there were also more Atari-dealers around than now. Plus, which is actually very desirable, I believe the recent hardware upgrades have really pushed the Lynx hobby forward and won new players, especially those guys who before on did not like the "classic" screen vision ;).

I'm hoping the SD cart starts pushing the price down on the traditional carts.

I've noticed the opposite happening with othrr systems. People are trying more games and seem to want a physical copy of their new favorite.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the SD cart starts pushing the price down on the traditional carts. I'd still like to get a pretty complete collection, but I know most people are probably just going to want a Lynx, a multi-cart and the McWill LCD.

Probably the flash cart will have a low production run and join the rising prices of everything. If the Skunkboard for the Jaguar was any indication.

Probably the flash cart will have a low production run and join the rising prices of everything. If the Skunkboard for the Jaguar was any indication.

I'll continue to make the LynxSD while there is demand for it -- I've got things fine tuned pretty well now such that the effort on my side is sustainable given the spare time I have.

I completely understand why a lot of hardware is produced in limited numbers, or never gets past prototype stage. It's bloody hard graft to get as far as manufacturing any number of units!

I'll quite happily make 1,000, 10,000 -- however many people are willing to buy! Although in reality I don't think demand will push it much over 500, but we'll see. :)