IGNORED

soulcalibur:unbreakable soul

Hi,

I never got to play the ios game soulcalibur:unbreakable soul. It was an ios only game that was online May 2014 to December 2014. It required an internet connection connection and namco shut down the servers back in 2014. I have the ipa, but I am missing the data download. It was about a first time download of about 400 meg from namco's servers the first time you played the game. I also have a computer programmer lined up to help me get a private server running for this. If someone has this data on an old iphone or ipad, please let me know. If I get this data, and I can get a private server running, I will compensate you for helping me. This is for game preservation purposes, and with it being the 20th anniversary of soulcalibur this year, it would be cool to get this running this year. You guys at atariage have a way of tracking stuff down, so I hope someone can help.

Thanks Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you contacted Namco/Bandai? It was also on Android so you'd think they'd have the assets somewhere. I doubt they'd share them for "game preservation purposes" though.

Unless you happen across someone who kept this for two years, jailbroke their device, and cached the data, I think this one is gone with the wind.

Looks like it was no great loss: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/soulcalibur-unbreakable-soul

Even if you got the data files, it wouldn't work well (probably not at all) without the back end connection to the store. This is by design.

Here's a 33 minute video which IMHO really should be enough for anyone. The action game is still in the App Store and Play Store, I think that's the place to be.

The game never came out on android. It was cancelled after 6 months. I did find someone who still has it installed on an ipad 2, but his ios version 9.3.3 isn't jailbreakable yet. Maybe someday though. So hopefully some one still has it installed on an ios device running 8.2 or earlier, those you could get the data off without jailbreaking, or someone who is jailbroke. Gotta be more than one ipad or iphone left with it still installed. Reward is $400 now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...