IGNORED

Which Xbox 360 game do you like more?

Steam_User

Viva pinnate. Its a very old game near launch but if you like virtual pet/farm type of games its great. And its sequel as well. I even got the DS one. Not to fond of the racing one though.

Oh, yes they were great!! I've often thought of getting them out again. Love my squazzils!!

• 2 weeks later...

Several varieties of this topic exist, and I was expecting to presented by a poll given the case title, but . . .

Here is my edited list from the last time this topic came up:

I've logged A LOT of 360 hours but many of the games I've played are in a series, so I chose not to fill up my list with various games in the same series

1) Mass Effect series (3 stands out)

2) Batman Arkham series (City stands out)

3) Assassin's Creed series (2 stands out)

4) Elder Scrolls series (I kinda prefer Oblivion)

5) The Walking Dead XBLA

6) Pinball FX2 XBLA (Avengers table is great)

7) Red Dead Redemption (I'm not a GTA fan)

8 ) Gears of War series (2 stands out for me with Hoard mode)

9) Fallout Series (F3)

10) Settlers of Catan XBLA

Honorable mention for Portal 2 which I played on Steam. The word LEGO should also appear somewhere in the next 5-10 games I would mention, but it doesn't seem to fit in a top 10. Magic the Gathering is another one that probably should fit somewhere. It really changed my opinions about downloadable games and online multiplayer competition.

I also own some games for this gen that I haven't gotten around to playing yet: Dishonored, Deus Ex, Xcom. They might make their way on this list at some point.

AND almost everything is now going multi-platform which means your top list for this console might just be what you coincidentally played here first.

• Like 1

I also own some games for this gen that I haven't gotten around to playing yet: Dishonored, Deus Ex, Xcom. They might make their way on this list at some point.

Dishonored is awesome, if you played Thief on old Xbox and PC it's pretty much the sequel we've all been waiting for. The actual "Thief" game by Square Enix that came out a few years ago just isn't that good. Dishonored is a lot better. I played and beat it twice and may make a third "evil" run through it.

I think if you pre-order Dishonored 2 you will get the first game for free (the HD remaster). Good shit man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My list includes:

Dead Space (first one)

Halo: Reach (personal favorite in the Halo line)

Diablo 3 and the expansion (playing it on the Xbox One today)

Borderlands 2 (love this game)

Bioshock (absolutely LOVE this game, more so than the other two in the series)

So yeah, but I still have my Xbox 360, set up on a 17" monitor with HDMI, and a small selection of games next to my Xbox One. No loading it to the hard drive...playing right from the disc, which I prefer.

• Like 1

Several varieties of this topic exist, and I was expecting to presented by a poll given the case title, but . . .

Here is my edited list from the last time this topic came up:

I've logged A LOT of 360 hours but many of the games I've played are in a series, so I chose not to fill up my list with various games in the same series

1) Mass Effect series (3 stands out)

2) Batman Arkham series (City stands out)

3) Assassin's Creed series (2 stands out)

4) Elder Scrolls series (I kinda prefer Oblivion)

5) The Walking Dead XBLA

6) Pinball FX2 XBLA (Avengers table is great)

7) Red Dead Redemption (I'm not a GTA fan)

8 ) Gears of War series (2 stands out for me with Hoard mode)

9) Fallout Series (F3)

10) Settlers of Catan XBLA

Honorable mention for Portal 2 which I played on Steam. The word LEGO should also appear somewhere in the next 5-10 games I would mention, but it doesn't seem to fit in a top 10. Magic the Gathering is another one that probably should fit somewhere. It really changed my opinions about downloadable games and online multiplayer competition.

AND almost everything is now going multi-platform which means your top list for this console might just be what you coincidentally played here first.

Interestingly (or not depending on perspective), I own -none- of the games on the list Wongojack posted. But love the 360 dearly and have 100 games on its hard drive presently. I think that's a testament to the variety of great games the system had.

My main favorites would be something like...

Robotron 2084

Borderlands 1 and 2

Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

Mark of the Wolves

Streets of Fury (indie)

Plants vs Zombies

Halo Wars

Torchlight

Diablo 3

Mortal Kombat (best of the entire series IMO)

Rez

Guardian Heroes

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mass Effect 2 for sure. I have a ton of games I purchased digitally for the Xbox 360, and I'm sure I could add to this list with a little effort.

I'm looking through my purchase history right now. Spider-man: Dimensions was certainly a highlight; a pretty good action game with the bonus of four different cartoon Spider-man voice actors. Hearing Dan Gilvezan (Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends) after all these years was a treat. I dig all the fighting games too, although regrettably, a few aren't backward compatible with my recently acquired Xbox One. Can I have my Darkstalkers Resurrection and Street Fighter 3, please?

I also have the two Kinect Sports titles, and have a lot of fun with bowling and golf in particular. They look a lot nicer than their Wii Sports equivalents, and there's a high quality presentation and a sense of dramatic tension that's missing from both Wii Sports and Sports Champion on the Playstation 3. The product placement can die in a fire, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Alien: Isolation My favorite game of the last generation. Possibly the best xenomorph game yet, it was criminally underplayed. I would love a sequel, but it will probably never happen due to mediocre sales.

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origins All three are great for their own reasons. The first is a nice 3D Metroidvania. The second is more open world than Metroidvania, but still incredibly fun. The third is just Arkham City part 2, but still just too well done to dislike. For some reason I can't stand the follow-up on current gen, Arkham Knight.

Double Dragon Neon Another favorite of mine from last gen, it was a wonderful tribute to Double Dragon and all things 80s. Beautiful artwork and a great soundtrack. 2-player co-op is insanely fun.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light It was a refreshing take on the Tomb Raider formula, and even though the gameplay was new, it was a great return-to-form for the series.

Portal/Portal 2 Both of these games are brilliant, and their awesomely dry sense of humor didn't hurt.

Shadows of the Damned A hilarious spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4, with an inventive take on Hell and very likeable characters.

Tomb Raider: Legend Really this was a sixth-generation game, but I'm counting it since it's among my all-time favorites. It could use a little more polish, but the characters and dialogue/cutscenes/story are just too loveable. I wish Crystal Dynamics would bring back Keeley Hawes as Lara Croft's voice actress. She was easily the best one yet.