IGNORED

Anteater rom, still missing?

lucifershalo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope, we also have a box already, so only 98.99% to be done ;)

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/375/entry-7375-anteater-atari-2600/

This isn't related to this topic but I just had to say something because I'm so happy to see Harold the dog from the Mr. Rossi cartoon as your avatar. You just made my day! :) I used to watch those cartoon movies as a child and I've never met another person who knew who Mr. Rossi was.

• Like 1

Always liked this game, used to play it on the Commodore 64 back in the day. Seems to me there was another game with very similar gameplay called Oils Well. Would be fun to check out the Atari 2600 version.

Yes, Oil's Well was great.

Played it a lot.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I would kill for that NES Return of Donkey Kong rom, as would many other NES fans. At least we eventually got the Super GameBoy version; which according to most sources, was built from the ashes of the NES version.

[citation needed]

However, important to note, that sometimes even the huge, gigantic corporations can be found giving these old roms away. Capcom shocked the community when they gave away Titan Warriors.

They had nothing to do with that.

Edited by TheRedEye
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dude, massive thanks & praise to you for doing this, but why are you tasking yourself with this? This game was already done. We may not have the rom yet, but it's already been done.

Why? Just because I wanted to write another VCS game. And unreleased is exactly the same as "doesn't exist" ;)

That's a rational reason, but maybe I only wanted to exercise again my 6502 abilities :grin: and fight against the TIA animal :dunce:

• Like 5

So one guy has a lost game, sits on it, and another guy recreates it from scratch. Props to nanochess for doing it.

This is StarCastle level stuff here.

In case anyone forgot, A veteran programmer created a Star Castle game, made a prototype, and then asked $32,000 for his "Proto." There were no takers so he sat on it. Then another programmer high in the community began development of a better Star Castle. The first guy ended up doing a kickstarter to release his game, and the second guy finished his version and released it in the AA store the following year. Both are good but the AA version plays superior, though the first game had flashing lights only available in the KS carts.

• Like 3

It looks very promising!

Are you considering a PAL (or PAL60) version too?

You should open a new thread in the Homebrews forum: it would be easier for people to know about the game, and you'll have no editing limitation there, so you can keep the latest version on the first post.

• Like 1

It looks very promising!

Are you considering a PAL (or PAL60) version too?

You should open a new thread in the Homebrews forum: it would be easier for people to know about the game, and you'll have no editing limitation there, so you can keep the latest version on the first post.

Good idea!

Yep, I'm thinking in PAL60 :)

• Like 1