IGNORED

Kids love redemtion machines.

Keatah

There are 2 distinct types of arcades in context of this thread.

1- Classic videogames where you go for a hi-score and all the action takes place on a CRT or LCD.

2- Ticket Spitters which are built around real world 3d object with motors and mechanicals. The lights and sounds and motion are all part of the experience. And getting cheap prizes after the game is one way of (to a kid) extending the enjoyment

Given a choice, a child will chose #2 every day of the week. Even grown-ups get in on the action. And it doesn't matter if its a good investment. It's about ambiance and camaraderie and carefree fun.

I just asked my 10 year old son which one would he rather play. He picked #1! I raised that one right!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/10/2016 at 7:10 PM, Syzygy1 said:

I remember laughing because the kid on the Spider Stompin' art wore pink shoes and he was a boy. I called him "Sam".

And then it, along with the Ninja Gaiden game over screen, contributed to my bondage fetish (yes, I know I don't approve of applying my fetishes onto children, but I was 15 at the time and only like(d) when it was my crushes being tied up by the spiders.)

Life is brutal sometimes.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, Syzygy1 said:

And then it, along with the Ninja Gaiden game over screen, contributed to my bondage fetish (yes, I know I don't approve of applying my fetishes onto children, but I was 15 at the time and only like(d) when it was my crushes being tied up by the spiders.)

Life is brutal sometimes.

My bondage fetish came from seeing Superman get tied up in the comic books and seeing Batman and Robin tied up on the 60s TV show. I already was aware I had a fetish when I saw Ryu in that death trap.

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, CreeB said:

My bondage fetish came from seeing Superman get tied up in the comic books and seeing Batman and Robin tied up on the 60s TV show. I already was aware I had a fetish when I saw Ryu in that death trap.

Ahem... Blue Falcon? Also, my bondage fetish actually came from Haven... the "Butterfly" episode. Saw it when I was 7 with my dad and didn't like it, but little did I know...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2021 at 9:16 AM, Syzygy1 said:

Ahem... Blue Falcon? Also, my bondage fetish actually came from Haven... the "Butterfly" episode. Saw it when I was 7 with my dad and didn't like it, but little did I know...

Forgot about him. Yeah, 99% of my bondage fetish pretty much came from him.

I know I've seen Haven, but I don't remember a lot of it. That was back in the early 2010s when SyFy had a lot of crappy shows.

1 hour ago, CreeB said:

Forgot about him. Yeah, 99% of my bondage fetish pretty much came from him.

I know I've seen Haven, but I don't remember a lot of it. That was back in the early 2010s when SyFy had a lot of crappy shows.

The episode basically revolved round people getting cocooned by butterflies. As a kid, whenever I saw a hot chick in something, you knew I'd be turned on. But I remember not liking it, thinking it was weird. Why did it suddenly turn me on when I found a '90s redemption game that WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE SEXY?!

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I had a discussion with probably the best arcade player in my country. Had a yt channel with over 300 1cc replays and was also good at french billiard and darts, waging even his motorbike on occasions.

One time he was playing a mame cab and finished original ghosts and goblins.

Then after trying to relax, he noticed that some kids were watching him. Then one said that those games were for small kids and he was an ace in Call of Duty.

Then the guy pulled out a 50 euro note and told the kid "I'll give you 10 credits (5 euro). If you manage to finish the first stage of this game, the 50 euro note is yours''. He put it under the ashtray and kid started to play. He couldn't even maje it past the red gargoyle and when he managed to pass him on his final credit, he fell on the bridge and died as he had no clue what was next.

No money won and his friends were laughing at him when they left.