IGNORED

1981 Atari International Asteroids Tournament Program

etrules

Hi Everyone, anyone have any information on the availability of the Programs (the booklet detailing the event, not software instructions) for the 1981 asteroids tournament? Ive seen the buttons and shirts before but not the program. thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

only just saw this but for what its worth i was in the competition and i don't recall their ever being a program detailing the event, certainly all i got was a tshirt, lenticular badge and a certificate giving my name and score achieved, local heats were self organised with national heats (or regional in the usa) taking place over summer 1981 in capital cities with those qualifying going to the finals in washington dc.

the game was played (supposedly) on game 8 using a standard atari (light sixer), asteroids cart and a cx-40 joystick, personally i believe they were using special carts as it seemed much harder than the normal retail cart i was used to playing but i have no evidence of this and i've never seen a cart or dump of the rom that would suggest it (atari also denied it when i asked them) so maybe it was just nerves / stage fright or even the fact i was used to using a cx-10 joystick.