IGNORED

Anyone else switching S model pre-orders?

MotoRacer

With the reveal of the Halo (500GB) bundle and the Madden (1TB) bundle going live on the 23rd of August, has anyone else changed their pre-order?

I had the 2TB model pre-ordered, simply because I thought the other two models would come out a few months later. I'm normally not a "madden guy", but it was 11 years since my last one (2005 on GameCube), so it was time to buy a new one, and this year's looks pretty damn exceptional. It comes with a ton of goodies, essentially making the system less than 299, and with a larger hdd to boot.

Honestly, I don't see the point in the 2TB model without any bundled software, unless you have such a large digital library that you need all the extra space you can get.

And with the NX being a portable, I feel actually more confident than I even did before with this purchase, as the NX will complement the S, instead of directly compete with it.

So yeah, anyone else change their pre-order?

I pre-ordered the Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Bundle.

I'm not changing it.

I do have a ton of digital content, but the main reason I ordered it is because it looks awesome and will go great above my Gears of War Xbox 360!

post-544-0-96201800-1470078645_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-61916000-1470078652_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

What I did:

- Sold Xbox one original fat on Amazon and used the money to pre-order Xbox one S 2TB.

- Cancelled the 2TB pre-order and ordered the Gears of War special edition model that's coming in October.

I was thinking about the Halo 1TB but I like the way the Gears model looks and I'm also not going to change it. I can wait a few extra months.

So far my main setup:

Red Gears edition Xbox One

Grey 20th anniv. PS4

Star Wars edition Xbox 360

Super Slim PS3 with a 1TB SSD.

I have a regular Wii U that floats around the house depending on who wants to play Mario Kart. I'll get the NX eventually, I don't think I'll get it on launch unless there is a game I really want to try/play.

• Like 1

What I did:

- Sold Xbox one original fat on Amazon and used the money to pre-order Xbox one S 2TB.

- Cancelled the 2TB pre-order and ordered the Gears of War special edition model that's coming in October.

I was thinking about the Halo 1TB but I like the way the Gears model looks and I'm also not going to change it. I can wait a few extra months.

So far my main setup:

Red Gears edition Xbox One

Grey 20th anniv. PS4

Star Wars edition Xbox 360

Super Slim PS3 with a 1TB SSD.

I have a regular Wii U that floats around the house depending on who wants to play Mario Kart. I'll get the NX eventually, I don't think I'll get it on launch unless there is a game I really want to try/play.

Ha, I have a SW 360 as well. Best paint job they ever made.

The only thing I don't like is the slippery finish of the controller. I like rough plastic for pads, but the 3PO look makes up for it... kinda.

I have 2 standard Xbox Ones and was going to wait until the scorpio comes out next year, but then I saw the Major Nelson Gears of War console preview. That has me considering buying a Gears console now, but I am still wavering on that. At least I will buy a Gears controller.

Nice little boost:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-xbox-one-s-has-a-gpu-overclock-and-we-have-benchmarked-it

Cant wait to try out Rocket league. That game had some minor framerate issues on Xbox One that were just annoying enough for me to not play it as much on there.

Sweeeeet news :)

Yeah, the system definitely does better than the big brick it's replacing.

I can't wait to get my Madden bundle. This year looks astounding. Then again, I'm comparing it to Madden 06 on the Cube and the 2K series on the DC, haha. I don't... erm... believe in getting football games often :P.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't see the point in the 2TB model without any bundled software, unless you have such a large digital library that you need all the extra space you can get.

Even retail releases have to reside on your hard drive. So it's not just advantageous for content downloaded off Xbox Live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am actually tempted by the S because of the price. If it had been a higher price than the original then it would be a big fat nope. As it is, the S is available over here for just £4 cheaper than I paid for my original 18 months ago - which shows what a deal that was back then when everyone else was paying almost £300 for theirs.

I might order an S as a Christmas pressie for daughter and granddaughter.