IGNORED

Cybermorph japanese manual

dilinger

I don't think so. I bought a New/Sealed Cybermorph in mid 2000's to aid in a complete CIB collection. There was only the English manual. I bought it from the States. To my knowledge only some games that were sold in Japan came with additional Japanese manuals for the Japanese market. I'm still trying to get some of these Japanese manuals. Will have to have a better look next time i go to Japan :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm glad this got bumped, because I had no idea there were Japanese variants. Were the boxes any different, or just the manuals? And is it safe to assume the games themselves were identical?

The thread that walter_J64bit linked to above, http://atariage.com/forums/topic/55839-japanese-jaguars/?hl=%2Bjapanese+%2Bdoom&do=findComment&comment=679877, has another link to a Japanese Jaguar box scan, but that link is 13 years old and is shockingly broken. :(

Just this evening, I noticed that I have these two Japanese manuals. Never really noticed them before. I'm selling off some Jaguar games and wondered if anybody needs any scans of these before they get sold with their games.

Really fascinating, I've never seen any of these Japanese manuals. So there's Cybermorph, AVP, Club Drive and Trevor McFur at very least in Japanese. Any others?

I'm glad this got bumped, because I had no idea there were Japanese variants. Were the boxes any different, or just the manuals? And is it safe to assume the games themselves were identical?

The only way to identify if you got a Japanese Jag game you have to open the box and look for the Japanese manual, the Japanese Doom I've got there's nothing on the box to identify its Japanese that goes the same for the cart too. I'll re-post the pic this week so you can see!

Edited by walter_J64bit

The only way to identify if you got a Japanese Jag game you have to open the box and look for the Japanese manual, the Japanese Doom I've got there's nothing on the box to identify its Japanese that goes the same for the cart too. I'll re-post the pic this week so you can see!

Yep, boxes are just the standard western ones. Still have the western manuals too.

I thought all Jaguar manuals were printed in like 20 languages; which is why they are so ridiculously fat. Was Japanese not one of those included then? Seems odd to include so many languages just to print manuals for one other language...

The multi language ones are usually for europe. seeing as European countries are all PAL region it means they can knock up one version of the game and sell it in every european coubtry.

With Japanese its NTSC so they have to maje a different version anyway so would not make sense to use all that paper for loads of european languages.

The multi language ones are usually for europe. seeing as European countries are all PAL region it means they can knock up one version of the game and sell it in every european coubtry.

With Japanese its NTSC so they have to maje a different version anyway so would not make sense to use all that paper for loads of european languages.

I've got my Japanese Doom from the UK so IDK? :spidey: Oh the Jag has no region lock!

Edited by walter_J64bit