IGNORED

Atari 400 sound mod for UAV?

I will be making another run of these on Monday for shipment on Tuesday

$12.00 shipped in the USA

$10.00 + actual shipping international

Payment via Paypal gift, Will come shipped in a padded envelope with instructions

I have four orders already so if anyone else is interested please let me know by Sunday so I can make sure I make up enough.

• 4 months later...

I will be making another run of these on Monday for shipment on Tuesday

$12.00 shipped in the USA

$10.00 + actual shipping international

Payment via Paypal gift, Will come shipped in a padded envelope with instructions

I have four orders already so if anyone else is interested please let me know by Sunday so I can make sure I make up enough.

I know I'm a little late but I've been looking for a way to get audio out of a 400 to go with the video board I've PM'd Bryan about. This is for a small retro computing museum I'm setting up in Los Angeles. I understand your board is the best way. I'd love to order one. PM sent. [emoji106] Edited by Starglider01

• 1 month later...

If anyone has any troubles installing or needs help identifying where to hookup components please let me know. I neglected to circle hookup points on the photo I sent assuming everyone knew their way around a 400. I realize that that may not be the case.

Also I ran my audio out to a monitor jack. If you are running a separate audio cable don't forget to ground it.

I'm going to install my two this weekend. Can you provide a photo of where to pick off the POKEY and Cassette on the main board. I assume I can use the separate GND and +5V pads on the UAV (rev D) for +5V and GND?

• 4 weeks later...

CORRECTION: I finally got around to installing one of these wonderful boards and realized the locations above (March 1st entry) are for a different sound board and did not work well with this particular board. Like I said, my first attempt resulted in echoing sound and it just wasn't right. To rectify, I did what I should have done in the first place and read Orpheouswaking's instructions that came with the board.

CORRECT PLACES TO PICK OFF SIGNALS:

A - POKEY C164 - side closest to the joystick ports (junction of C164 and R161)

B - Tape Audio Q106 - Right leg when looking at the flat face / side closest to memory board

G - Ground Right side of C182 (near C181)

V - Vcc 5VDC Left side of C182 (near Q106)

O - Combined audio output from board to monitor jack (pin 3 on 5 pin DIN jack)

Now that I have it installed correctly, it works great! Clear POKEY audio and clear SIO (cassette) audio!

Thank You !!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Does this need the UAV board to work? Or will it work separately? I was thinking of using one of these with a Sophia DVI mod.

Should be independent of the UAV, but the UAV is awesome and really easy to install in the 400!! The sound quality on this board is real clean, and clear. Highly recommend!

Edited by ACML

• 2 months later...