IGNORED

1632 Atari podcaST

Please excuse the intrusion. I wanted to publicize my new podcast about the Atari ST. If I get an overwhelming number of complaints on this post, I will delete it, but I though some of you may not venture in the podcast thread. Apologies if anyone is offended by the post.

I've just released the 1st episode of my new podcaST. This is a podcaST about the Atari ST. This project started as blog idea, and blossomed into this. It is the documentation of my journey of re-discovery of the Atari ST.

Episode 001: The One With The 520ST - https://1632podcast.info/2016/07/31/e001-the-one-with-the-520st/

Thanks for listening.

• Like 6

Thanks, Wade. I am still catching up on Inverse ATASCII, but really looking forward to this ST podcast. I know nothing about the ST computer line and have had my interests sparked very recently (in the last month) regarding the computers. Looking forward to listening to this sometime this week at work!

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments, and glad no one has been offended by the post. The podcast is available on iTunes now.

I tried submitting to Google Play, but WordPress.com (my host) doesn't embed the email meta tag, and Google has made it a requirement. So InverseATASCII is on Google Play, because it was setup several months ago, but 1632 is not, and can not for the time being. I have a support ticket opened with WordPress.com, so hopefully it will be updated in the near future.

I still need to submit to Stitcher, but I don't think many people listen from there (or at least I don't see that from InverseATASCII).

Thanks for listening!

• Like 1

Finished listening to it. I enjoyed some of the historical facts on the early days of the ST, though I'm sure the audience is already well informed on the subject. :D

My one comment is that for a podcast about rediscovering your feelings about the ST, I feel like I didn't hear much about your personal perspective on it. I would prefer less on the price of UK magazines and more on what you thought of the software you tried, some frustrations you had, and how it differs from when you originally owned it. :)

• Like 1

Finished listening to it. I enjoyed some of the historical facts on the early days of the ST, though I'm sure the audience is already well informed on the subject. :D

My one comment is that for a podcast about rediscovering your feelings about the ST, I feel like I didn't hear much about your personal perspective on it. I would prefer less on the price of UK magazines and more on what you thought of the software you tried, some frustrations you had, and how it differs from when you originally owned it. :)

The history was included mainly for younger listeners, or those newly interested in the ST. Yes, there are some.

Its not about rediscovering "my feelings". Its about rediscovering the machine. I don't have many feelings on it at the moment, nor did I back in 86. That is part of my problem with the machine. I want to discover what I possibly missed, what respect I "should" have for it, or gain some insight as to why I didn't/don't have feelings for it. Since this was the episode covering the first ~9 months at launch, there hasn't been a whole lot to alter my perspective - yet. I wholly expect this to change as the chronology unfolds. I will try to make a point of new observations/perspectives in each episode, in fact, I already thought that a show summary should be included at the end of each episode.

As for the UK pricing of the magazines, pricing info is now over. It was once and done. It was mainly for the UK listeners, and those US listeners that may want to have a comparison point. I do, however, intend on continued coverage of the UK magazines content.

Thanks for listening and the feedback!

• Like 1

What was music at beginning of podcast?

Someone didn't listen all the way through. :) The music is fully credited at the end of the episode, and used with permission. I'll include more of the track in the next episode for those interested. The segment leaders are also from the same track, as well as the closing audio.

It was created by Factor6 for the 2010 YM Digital album Extreme Lo Fi. It's a track called GeneraliST. It was composed entirely on two 520 ST's. Links to Factor6's SoundCloud site are in the episode show notes on the website: http://1632podcast.info. The SoundCloud site has the entire track as well.

^

I ask as I start to listen podcast :)

I have Factor6 GeneraliST in iTunes library - because it was familiar to me :)

Wait. You're not one of those guys who asks what's going to happen next in a movie, are you? ;-)

I actually listened to the podcast twice cuz when I was listening the first time was kinda working and was sometimes distracted so I figured I better give it another listen. I will not ask for anything since this is just the start and with any new thing, it has to have time to find its groove. So far, I'm enjoying what I hear and look forward to the next STupendous show. :-D

• Like 1

I actually listened to the podcast twice cuz when I was listening the first time was kinda working and was sometimes distracted so I figured I better give it another listen. I will not ask for anything since this is just the start and with any new thing, it has to have time to find its groove. So far, I'm enjoying what I hear and look forward to the next STupendous show. :-D

Thanks. I spent quite a bit of time planning, and bouncing ideas around. Your in the lead for listened the most award.. :D

Next episode is looking to be just a bit bigger. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...