IGNORED

Joyce Katz RIP (Original EG)

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear that. The writings of that trio had a big influence on a lot of us as we were growing up and getting into this hobby.

And how. The very first game magazine I ever read was the July '82 issue of EG. The numerous, wildly varied screen shots, and the synopses of hundreds of games, blew my ten-year-old mind.

I recorded and transcribed the keynote talk given by Kunkel, Katz & Worley (she wasn't going by "Katz" for some reason) at the World of Atari '98 in Vegas. I should try to share that. Maybe I can borrow a buddy's scanner. I had never really known which people were behind EG until that great convention, and the lecture was illuminating.

• Like 2

And how. The very first game magazine I ever read was the July '82 issue of EG. The numerous, wildly varied screen shots, and the synopses of hundreds of games, blew my ten-year-old mind.

I recorded and transcribed the keynote talk given by Kunkel, Katz & Worley (she wasn't going by "Katz" for some reason) at the World of Atari '98 in Vegas. I should try to share that. Maybe I can borrow a buddy's scanner. I had never really known which people were behind EG until that great convention, and the lecture was illuminating.

If you can that would be great, I followed Kunkel's work for a while, bought his book and shared some email chit chat. Always wanted to go to one of the gaming expo's back then, kind of wish I did now. :(

I'm the same as several of you guys here. Electronic Games was the first ever magazine I bought as a kid and it was hugely influential on me growing up. It obviously was also a significant influence on quite a bit of my professional work as well.

I was fortunate to meet Kunkel before his passing, but never did meet either Katz.

• Like 1

If you can that would be great, I followed Kunkel's work for a while, bought his book and shared some email chit chat. Always wanted to go to one of the gaming expo's back then, kind of wish I did now. :(

Cool -- I'll get on that, then.

(There are still chances to get to Expos!)

• Like 1