IGNORED

Ultimate SD cart - another possible run

ndary

Hi All...

In my last visit to the US i was asked several times if this wonderful cartridge is still for sale or if there is going to be another production for the Ultimate SD cart.

i spoke with SANTOSP the person i bought mine from and he said that if there will be 20 people interested he will make another batch.

for those of you who do not know what it is... The Ultimate Cart is an SD-card based multicart for the Atari 8-bit, designed by electrotrains and It allows you to browse the SD card on the atari and launch cartridge images from ROM and CAR files from the menu, it can emulate any existing Atari Cartridge image (XEGS, MegaCart, OSS, AtariMax, SpartaDos, Geos, BountyBob, Williams and many more..). the latest loader also allow runnig XEX files from the SD cart as well..

so if there are 20 people who are interested SANTOSP will make them.

here are pictures of my cart

post-1423-0-33052300-1470225259_thumb.jpg

post-1423-0-04085400-1470225267_thumb.jpg

post-1423-0-60228700-1470225273_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Nir

- What brenski asked! (Price) :grin:

- This is just the populated cartridge, without a shell?

- What do we need the big, ugly connector for? Can it be left off/replaced by something smaller (so we don't need the big hole in the cartridge shell)?

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Hello Nir

- What do we need the big, ugly connector for? Can it be left off/replaced by something smaller (so we don't need the big hole in the cartridge shell)?

Sincerely

Mathy

Connector is in case you need to flash the chip for updates

The Price that he is asking is 80$ + Shipping... (this is the price i paid for mine few months ago)

Money need to be sent to him directly... he is here on AtarAge.

and it will take 4 weeks to make them once we reach 20 people that are interested in that cartridge...

i would suggest to keep the connector on the back to be able and flash the cartridge we new ATARI bank-switched cartridge scheme that are found...

i recently sent electrotrain info on the Polish ATRAX cartridge to be added along with some 8k turbo-tape switchable cart i have from poland as well..

Nir

Hello Nir

Sincerely

Mathy

Hi Mathy

1. 80$ + 8$ Shipping cost.

2. Yes. Is the latest version as seen on Nir pictures.

3. This big ugly connector, is the only one who supported by Altera corp. Isn't problem for me to design and fit the smaller one like Xilinx corp, but after, every buyer must have the skills and find parts to make a special cable for the programmer.

However, if you have some better idea, I will glad to hear it. ;)

Hello Panos

... every buyer must have the skills and find parts to make a special cable for the programmer.

However, if you have some better idea, I will glad to hear it. ;)

I do, I do (have a better idea): You put a (much?) smaller connector on the PCB and include a small adaptor cable with it. The plug that would go into the big ugly connector plugs into one end of the adaptor cable while the other end goes into the nice small connector. :D

Sincerely

Mathy

I'll have to look around here, but anyone who has flashed a v2 Candle Ultimate has a Xilinx cable, don't they? Pretty sure I bougt mine on ebay. Would it be a big deal to open the shell when you have to flash it? I'm presuming that reflashing is not needed often? Pretty sure that I've got one of those xegs blank shells aroud here.

-Larry

I'll have to look around here, but anyone who has flashed a v2 Candle Ultimate has a Xilinx cable, don't they? Pretty sure I bougt mine on ebay. Would it be a big deal to open the shell when you have to flash it? I'm presuming that reflashing is not needed often? Pretty sure that I've got one of those xegs blank shells aroud here.

-Larry

This cart uses an Altera USB Blaster cable which is totally different to the Xilinx cable for the U1MB. As for opening the cart shell up: although firmware updates are rarely required, opening up one of those XEGS cart shells a second time after the struggle of getting the thing open once in order to actually mod it is not something for the faint of heart. :)

The large aperture for the connector need not be an eyesore and is completely invisible most of the time anyway, since it's on the underside of the cart:

post-21964-0-77523600-1470472019_thumb.jpg

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2