IGNORED

Ultimate SD cart - another possible run

ndary

Hi Larry.

Unfortunately, additional grinding for SD card socket and the reset button required.

If you want to share this info, how many cartridges have you available, and what colors. I am just curious.

Although I have more than a dozen carts, I don't have extras that I would want to offer to others. But I thought that other users might have a similar situation with a cart they could spare for their own use. Mine are clear and black (no other colors). Sounds like the extra grinding might be an impediment, also. I know that Atarimax had a small NCC mill that he used on some of the CF card slots on the MyIDE-II carts. IIRC, he had a Youtube video of the milling operation.

-Larry

As soon as I get assurances that this isn't vapor ware, I will pay in full.

Unless there are 20 orders it will result in zero units being made... I can attest to the fact the Santosp has made these before and they are in no way vaporware (I have one of the earlier units) and will come to fruition. If you pay 50% and the required 20 orders do not arrive all funds will be returned.

• Like 2

End of this prepayment run. :)

Thanks to all the members which contributed to this! :thumbsup:

The same to ndary who start and support this run.

A BIG thanks one more time to rdea6, for his mediation with US distributors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Parts, PCB's and enclosures all have been ordered now. I will inform here with any newest.

post-23371-0-04891000-1472074435_thumb.png

Edited by santosp

May I ask where you are getting the Max 10 chips from? I have had 25 on order since late July and the backorder date keeps getting pushed back. I had ten ordered and paid for from Arrow last night only to wake up this morning with a refunded order saying they were out of stock (they still show 10 in stock . . . but yeah, not so much).

I have boards and parts, but I need the chips and no one has them, so I would LOVE to know where you are getting them so I can make some as well.

• Like 1

May I ask where you are getting the Max 10 chips from? I have had 25 on order since late July and the backorder date keeps getting pushed back. I had ten ordered and paid for from Arrow last night only to wake up this morning with a refunded order saying they were out of stock (they still show 10 in stock . . . but yeah, not so much).

I have boards and parts, but I need the chips and no one has them, so I would LOVE to know where you are getting them so I can make some as well.

My main supplier now and the past for this exact construction, is Mouser. I leave in Greece, and when I need electronic parts from US, Mouser is the only supplier which doing all the tax job for me, within Fedex courier only. In other case..... lets forget it better.....

Before 2 weeks by checking the availability of parts on them, I see cause the FPGA will be available after 18 October !!! :-o :-o Also for some strange reason, is in shortage in other suppliers.

Hopefully Arrow had available that moment 60 pieces, and bought 30 from these. :) Thanks to rdea6 will be available here on time!!! :thumbsup: ;)

Not cross my fingers but Digikey had respond me for availability on 1 week. Νot lose nothing to make them a question. ;)

Now can I ask a question to you? :-D What do you need all these FPGA's? :grin: :grin:

Edited by santosp

My main supplier now and the past for this exact construction, is Mouser. I leave in Greece, and when I need electronic parts from US, Mouser is the only supplier which doing all the tax job for me, within Fedex courier only. In other case..... lets forget it better.....

Before 2 weeks by checking the availability of parts on them, I see cause the FPGA will be available after 18 October !!! :-o :-o Also for some strange reason, is in shortage in other suppliers.

Hopefully Arrow had available that moment 60 pieces, and bought 30 from these. :) Thanks to rdea6 will be available here on time!!! :thumbsup: ;)

Not cross my fingers but Digikey had respond me for availability on 1 week. Νot lose nothing to make them a question. ;)

Now can I ask a question to you? :-D What do you need all these FPGA's? :grin: :grin:

Well, so I can make Ultimate carts, of course. I have everything I need for 25 carts . . . Except the Max 10 chips. I have been trying to get them made for awhile now, the RT8 replacement cart was taking most of my spare time. It is done, so time to move on to next promise.

Is your new run going to use the same PCB as santosp? (I like the position of the programming connector on his)

If so I'd like 2 when you get all of the components.

Well, so I can make Ultimate carts, of course. I have everything I need for 25 carts . . . Except the Max 10 chips. I have been trying to get them made for awhile now, the RT8 replacement cart was taking most of my spare time. It is done, so time to move on to next promise.

Is your new run going to use the same PCB as santosp? (I like the position of the programming connector on his)

If so I'd like 2 when you get all of the components.

Hmm, I am not sure as I have not seen Santos' run. Here are pics of where it will be:

post-16779-0-16766500-1472349336_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-84096600-1472349338_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, I am not sure as I have not seen Santos' run. Here are pics of where it will be:

santosp version is in the first post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255512-ultimate-sd-cart-another-possible-run/?do=findComment&comment=3564558

How much do you want for two including the case and shipping?

santosp version is in the first post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255512-ultimate-sd-cart-another-possible-run/?do=findComment&comment=3564558

How much do you want for two including the case and shipping?

PM sent. For everyone else: [shamelessplug] #1 [/shamelessplug]

End of this prepayment run. :)

Thanks to all the members which contributed to this! :thumbsup:

The same to ndary who start and support this run.

A BIG thanks one more time to rdea6, for his mediation with US distributors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Parts, PCB's and enclosures all have been ordered now. I will inform here with any newest.

attachicon.gifList.png

Update...

Already all the electronic parts have arrived. Plastic enclosures are given for cutting on routing machine, and the final form of decals on printing shop.

I believe cause till the end of the next week, PCB's also arriving here.

A big thanks to 917k member, who shared with us his work on decal. Also for his extra work as to fit on this enclosure. Steve you are great. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am very sure that the end we will have a very beautiful and complete result. :) :)

post-23371-0-28618000-1473043931_thumb.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I would like to announce a second round of preorders / prepayments, for last 23 27 pieces from this cartridge. To be clear with the time delivery, cartridges will not be ready before the end of October earlier of November. This due to lack of availability of Altera FPGA from the suppliers.

As before, the same applies here. ;) Members who need one complete cartridge, must upload a prepayment of 40$ to me, as to have a place on the list.

I hope to see one more time interested members on this last train.

I must admit that the main reason that motivated me to make one more round of these, are the few remain plastic enclosures. Initially was going to keep and make some different cartridges for my own use! But after a second thought, I decide cause is much better to accommodate such a great project.

And remind..... for first and last time complete, due to lack of Atari enclosures.

So please inform any known person to you about this. :-D :-D As you know me, as in the past so and now, my constructions are only available within Atari Age threads.

For any newest I will update soon. Panos

post-23371-0-03003500-1473490897_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-96924900-1473490921_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-20878700-1473490948_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-11873500-1473490971_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-43295300-1473490991_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-50961000-1473491013_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-30361000-1474258075_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-14666000-1473492486_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-58289100-1473650979_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-39904800-1475607224_thumb.jpgpost-23371-0-45225300-1475607240_thumb.jpg

post-23371-0-25958700-1473519547_thumb.pngpost-23371-0-14705400-1475616480_thumb.png

Edited by santosp
  • Like 5