IGNORED

Ultimate SD cart - another possible run

ndary

This cart is slick! I spent some time pulling together library's of car files to load on my SD card. Working great on my 800XL so far. I like reset button so I don't have to power cycle the computer every time I want to load a different program.

What did you put in your libraries? So far I've just randomly dumped stuff on my cart. A decent curated library would be cool

• Like 1

I found a couple collections in one of the threads here and combined them into a larger collection. All had been converted to .car's. There are also a bunch of collections that are in a Atarimax 8mb cart format that I'm including in case they have something not already in the library. When I have time I'm going to identify the missing games and put them in the library. I don't want to have to navigate thru the Ultimate Cart menu and then have to navigate thru an Atarimax menu to get to a game. I'll post what I have when I get a chance.

• Like 2

I know I am late on this, but just recenty aquired an Atari 800xl (as in a few days ago). Are these carts still available to be ordered?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately no. :(

McRorie member here looks to make something similar to me.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/256980-ultimate-sd-cart-run-us-source-nov-30-ship-date-25-in-run/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Wait for photo's. :)

I am curious also, why none till now have made a 3D shell for these type of cartridges? :?

In all respects is 95% Atari compatible, and have also a better JTAG orientation. Even Robin use this drawing of pcb for his new UNO cartridge.

Anyway...

Edited by santosp

Here for everyone the 3d printer shell for the ultimate atari cart, pcb was made by Panos.

Have fun,

BigBen

Hi Bernd! :) :)

Hey who is the 3-D designer behind this? You?

Very interesting design and for the first time a shell for this type pcb of Ultimate. :thumbsup:

I am very sure that with some extra money someone can choose any color and or construction material!

I think has come the moment to complete one last half finished pcb, as to try to order a orange or yellow shell! :D

A BIG thanks for the BigBen!

Edited by santosp

steve I like your cart, Do the front bottom in the Roklan style as repeated on most other carts... then it is very nice indeed.. it's not a turd.. just a few slight tweaks and it's golden. Your cart looks to be more universal in nature.

Edited by _The Doctor__

I fully planned on sharing it. I am on revision #6, and have a few more small tweaks to do. I'll get it working though, and put the files up on thingiverse.

Other things keep creeping up on me - such as tonight. The brake line on my dad's truck rusted out. When I looked at fixing it, I now have to put on a new rear bumper, remove the bed so that I can cut out and re-install new "cab corners", fix rusted out sections in the front inner fenders, etc. I unfortunately have to do this because I cannot afford a new vehicle for them. Few hundred dollars and a week of my evenings, and the truck should last another 10 years.

• Like 3