IGNORED

Here's my latest review - TURMOIL !

Funkyspectrum

hello, folks. i've taken some of the criticism of my past atari 2600 videos to heart and have tried to not get so off track in this review and have actually talked about some of the aspects of the game although i do go off on some tangents at times ! let me know what you all think and let me know what you think of the great game that is turmoil !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4z5fxNWb-Q

• Like 2

thanks for all your positive comments folks and i'm not sure if "rom hunter" is the same chap that posted about the power/point balls on youtube but i now know what they are for and that being able to drive down a lane where they are is no accident so next time i play i will be trying my best to catch a few of them !

I have another 2600 review coming up in the next couple of days so i will post back then when it's uploaded it's another game that i think is one of the top games on the system but it really doesn't get mentioned much !

"lying in the park, drinking mess all day"... :rolling:

sorry mate i maybe didn't make that too clear, i was looking at this quote for a while until i understood it, i actually said "meths" which is maybe not something people call the liquid outside the uk. it's methylated spirit which you can use to light candles and start fires etc a purple and noxious smelling liquid but tramps drink it sometimes as the alcohol content is quite high but i think it makes them very ill !

• Like 1

Hahaha, either way... mess/meths (basically took it the same) - the image and your phrasing made me laugh out loud when I heard it! :thumbsup: :lol:

thanks mate i am glad you enjoyed the "review" :P i will have another one coming up today quite soon and once again it's for a 2600 game that isn't mentioned that often but i think it's really great !

yes mate i do have embedding disabled because i found my videos on a pay to watch russian site which was very strange i don't speak russian but they were clearly trying to monetise my content which was very odd so i have put them so they can only be watched on youtube it's not hard to click through to watch them there mate ! sorry if it annoys anyone but, really, it's one click !

yes mate i do have embedding disabled because i found my videos on a pay to watch russian site which was very strange i don't speak russian but they were clearly trying to monetise my content which was very odd so i have put them so they can only be watched on youtube it's not hard to click through to watch them there mate ! sorry if it annoys anyone but, really, it's one click !

No, it's actually two clicks. They click once to play it, get the "watch on YouTube" message, then they have to click again. To avoid making people click twice, you can post a link that stays a link (it won't get automatically embedded by the forum software). Here's an example:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4z5fxNWb-Q

That saves people an extra click and they'll appreciate that you were considerate enough to spend two extra seconds to make that plain link. They'll end up liking you a little more, so they might end up buying you beers or painting your house or mowing your lawn or giving you free puppies.

yes but as i've said mate i've disabled embedding on the video itself because of people stealing the content :-/ 2 clicks is hardly tough stuff !

Your reply doesn't seem to make any sense. You can keep embedding disabled for your videos and provide a plain link like I did in my post. Then people will know at a glance that they have to go to YouTube. When you embed a blocked video, you're giving people extra work for no reason and some will say "go F yourself for wasting my time" under their breath and they won't even bother to click the second time.

Clicking twice isn't tough stuff, but you are the one who is asking people to do you favor, so it's up to you to make it as quick and easy as possible.

I was just giving you a quick tip. I wasn't looking for an argument, especially when I don't care about old game reviews. I like gameplay footage with no talking or music.

Your reply doesn't seem to make any sense. You can keep embedding disabled for your videos and provide a plain link like I did in my post. Then people will know at a glance that they have to go to YouTube. When you embed a blocked video, you're giving people extra work for no reason and some will say "go F yourself for wasting my time" under their breath and they won't even bother to click the second time.

Clicking twice isn't tough stuff, but you are the one who is asking people to do you favor, so it's up to you to make it as quick and easy as possible.

I was just giving you a quick tip. I wasn't looking for an argument, especially when I don't care about old game reviews. I like gameplay footage with no talking or music.

i'm not arguing, mate ! don't get me wrong. i will try what you suggested i just presumed that if embedding was disabled i wouldn't be able to do the plain link business i will try next time thanks mate !

• Like 1