IGNORED

Setting Super Pac-Man to Free Play?

HalHawkins

I just recently acquired an original Super Pacman arcade and was wondering if there was an easy way to set it to free play.

Is there a dip switch for it or does there require modification?

Check out the manual here

Double check the manual I don't see an option to set it on free play. When the free play option is not available, people mount a button somewhere on the cabinet either on the coin door itself or near the coin door to credit up the machine.

Check out the manual here

Double check the manual I don't see an option to set it on free play. When the free play option is not available, people mount a button somewhere on the cabinet either on the coin door itself or near the coin door to credit up the machine.

There is a coin credit button, but I want to leave it up for a bunch of people to play without having to keep loading it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Super Pac-Man(original, upright). There is a credit switch right inside the door, near the "Test" switch. You can either: load it up with credits......

OR......

Look at the bottom of the coin trigger assembly(below the coin mech). There are two wires plugged in there. Note their orientation for future purposes, and get some 14 gauge wire. Cut off two 12" sections, and strip both ends. Run them(from the outside) up through the coin return, and gently fold one tip to each connection(the wires you removed). When you want to "coin up", just touch the exposed ends together.

It looks a little sloppy, but it leaves the cabinet intact. And no, it won't electrocute you.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of cutting the wires to the coin mech switch I wire a push button micro switch in parallel to it. To mount the push button I 1st remove the lock from the coin door. I cut two coin size (I use a quarter) pieces of plastic from an old DVD case and drill a hole through them just big enough to thread the push button through. Using these plastic discs, sandwich the coin door between them and insert the push button. The push button micro switches I use have a small threaded shaft with a nut to secure it in place. Finger tighten the nut on the push button to hold it in place. If you tighten it too much you may crack the plastic. The final result looks nice.

If you have problems keeping your coin door shut without the lock try placing a piece of soft velcro (the loop half of velcro) along the edge of the door. This will often fill the gap around the coin door & hold it in place.

Edited by TheDevil'sCompass

Yeah, there's no need to "cut" the wires to the coin mech, just remove them from the switch. They have "quick connect" ends on them, and come off fairly easily. You'll just need a little extra wire for the connection on the outside of the cabinet.

Devil's idea of using the lock hole is also a good one. Or you can simply run the wires to a switch outside of the coin door through the coin return, or even above/below the door. A piece of Velcro can hold the switch in place without drilling holes in the cabinet/coin door.