IGNORED

STart magazine A8 software: Last six issues.

Allan

I started a new thread for web searches and ease of download. Here are all the un-archived programs that Antic Publishing never put out on disk due to Antic becoming a section in Start magazine for the last six issues. Here are all six disk images in one download.

Here are all six issues with the accompanying articles.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/index/?mag=start

Allan

Atari 8-bit programs from last six issues of Start.zip

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

I just missed this thread/post back then, it was when I'd just gotten back into my 8-bit after a 4 year hiatus.

I remember  being so damn angry in the early 90's about Antic/Start. I had finally gotten a subscription to Antic, because shops finally stopped carrying it, so I subscribed, and I felt so ripped off because they switched to bi-monthly right after I subscribed and then it folded into Start and I wasn't in the bit interested since I didn't have an ST. So I got a few thin issues of Antic and then Start mag that had like 10 pages of 8-bit stuff in each issue. I actually tore the Antic pages out of Start mag, and put them in a binder I still have, then through out the Start magazines in disgust.

Here are a few pics; the one page has an ad for Pondering About Max's, one of the best Atari 8-bit games ever! If you haven't tried it, download it on Atarimania! http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-pondering-about-max-s_499.html And the only high-light in my subscription; hearing of this game through that ad. I never did get the physical copy, but at least I knew of it and searched the download pages for years until I found it on Atarimania eventually a few years back.

20200115_105219.jpg

20200115_105334.jpg

20200115_105409.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Amen to that, Matt. I didn’t renew my subscription (but did buy it in stores) after they went bi-monthly and said well, that’s that: time to move on to PC gaming (which I hated). It may not have been viable to continue in 1991, but they should have had a final issue dedicated to listing remaining A8 resources instead of just fizzling out. I could have subscribed to Atari User and would have if I knew it was still being published! And I can’t believe no one wanted to publish an Antic newsletter!

Back on topic: nice work. :)

• Like 1