IGNORED

Shill bidder

ianoid

How often do you see a sealed Vectrex game? More often if the seller is shill bidding to protect his sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112045604444

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vectrex-Berzerk-Brand-New-Sealed-Rare-/112083856450

The excuse is always- buyer didn't pay! But if he was happy with the sale price, he would have offered it at that price. Market already said what it would bear with an auction.

I thought us version vectrex games were not factory sealed...maybe I am wrong?

I've never seen any others. I know some stores sealed the boxes with annoying security tape, which explains why certain boxes have a long strip missing down the middle. I've found some like this in the wild some time ago.

Auction questionable on many accounts.

Thanks ian.

Yep I was pretty sure they were never factory sealed here.

I know the Milton Bradley ones were though.

Yeah that security tape is terrible.

I seen it on games for various systems, but it seems very common with the vectrex....probably because they were never sealed and made for easy theft without it ;)

Vectrex games were factory sealed.

Also bear in mind many store also resealed returned items with their own shrink wrap machines on site. One reason I mention in this thread is due to the deformity of on corner under the shrink wrap. on site resealing material tends to put more pressure on the box than original factory sealing does. Results in box denting and creasing.

I've not see that style of box hanger on an original sealed box before. But then many stores attached their own peg hanger tapes and tabs to the box once they received them.

The seal on that looks like what we did with the machine at Electronic Boutique in the early 90's. Melted sides...

It doesn't look like a seal from a machine...

However, I am not putting myself out as an expert on sealed Vectrex games. Just an opinion.

Edited by R.Cade

I've never seen any others. I know some stores sealed the boxes with annoying security tape, which explains why certain boxes have a long strip missing down the middle. I've found some like this in the wild some time ago.

Auction questionable on many accounts.

I've always wondered about all the damaged Vectrex boxes. I should have put 2&2 together I guess. Makes sense.