IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

......and don't forget to subscribe to my 2 other YouTube channels,

my official Ray Jackson YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/RayJacksonbighmw

and also, BIGHMW TV On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/BIGHMWOfficial

Of course, they'll be some major changes to both of those channels as my assorted miniseries on BIGHMW TV (What's In The Closet?, Ray's Rants, Loyalty To Royalty, etc.) will all be moved to the Ray Jackson channel with my live work as The Heavy Metal Warrior (with my old hardcore/thrash band S.M.F., 1995-2002) and as rapper AK47 remaining on BIGHMW TV, those changes will be made later this week.

Edited by BIGHMW

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing better than a fresh 5200 coupled with two New Best Electronics Gold Rebuilt Controllers. A big thanks to my CoHost and Buddy Steve for helping my pick this 2 Port 5200 system from the good ole USA.My 2 Port made a guest appearance on Steve's Youtube Wired Up Retro channel. See the episode here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw36U_Js3wc

20201005_173949.jpg

20201006_210016.jpg

20201011_100423.jpg

20201011_100446.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I love my Best Electronics Gold controllers. I have two pairs, I’m sure you’ll be very satisfied with the product.

Excellent representation, love the Yamato!

I anybody says any non accurate anti-5200 B.S. they can speak to the wave motion gun ;)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, David Alexander said:

I anybody says any non accurate anti-5200 B.S. they can speak to the wave motion gun ;)

Holy Cow! I was not expecting that thing to work. That wave motion gun was always a favorite part of the anime. I used to watch one the series (can't recall which one) along with Battle of the Planets (G-Force). They were on daily (after school) in the NYC area.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

The Atari Report 5200 Edition is awesome.  @BIGHMWplease keep it up. The big sexy needs you.

<Edit> Subscribed to the this YouTube Channel.

Thank you!!! :) BTW, don't forget to check out (and hopefully subscribe to) my other two YouTube channels:

BIGHMW TV On YouTube: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/BIGHMWOfficial

and my Ray Jackson YouTube channel as well for assorted odds & ends:

https://www.youtube.com/c/RayJacksonbighmw

You'll also find these three (all cross-promoted among each of all 3 channels), in the Featured Channels section on the right of each YT homepage. I need to get to 100 subscribers on each so I can get those coveted custom URL's for them, so I need all of your help here!!! :) 

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, David Alexander said:

Greetings to our very patient listeners. I finally finished editing. Capt. Bob will upload our Episode 12 our Choplifter, Super Cobra & Scramble reviews. The wait is almost over.

Includes Listener Feedback :)

Very cool.  Definitely looking forward to the next episode for sure.

• Like 1

In this episode of the Atari 5200 Podcast, the gang is back and we drag in Michael from The Atari XEGS Game by Game Podcast as a special cohost. This time, our theme is helicopter games. So we cover the games, Choplifter!, Super Cobra, and our first homebrew review of Scramble.

Of course, the usual jackassery that ensues on every episode is included as part of a nutritional podcast diet. And believe it or not, not only did we get feedback we actually respond to it as well!

Magic! Mayhem! And Pete almost gets our AARP cards yanked.

It’s all here in this episode of The Atari 5200 Podcast!

https://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-12-choplifter-super-cobra-and-scramble

• Like 2

17 hours ago, David Alexander said:

In this episode of the Atari 5200 Podcast, the gang is back and we drag in Michael from The Atari XEGS Game by Game Podcast as a special cohost. This time, our theme is helicopter games. So we cover the games, Choplifter!, Super Cobra, and our first homebrew review of Scramble.

Of course, the usual jackassery that ensues on every episode is included as part of a nutritional podcast diet. And believe it or not, not only did we get feedback we actually respond to it as well!

Magic! Mayhem! And Pete almost gets our AARP cards yanked.

It’s all here in this episode of The Atari 5200 Podcast!

https://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-12-choplifter-super-cobra-and-scramble

Very cool!  Definitely I will check this out soon enough.

• Like 1

Fun episode as always.

The Choplifter arcade game was made by Sega, and the Master System version of Choplifter is a home conversion of this arcade game.  For me, the SMS port was the first version of the game I played, so I was a bit disappointed with the 5200 game since the Sega version just adds so much cool stuff to the game.  I appreciate the 5200 version for what it is and I play it from time to time, but the Sega version is closest to my heart.

Super Cobra... oh no.  I remember reading something once about the distinction between a game being challenging and a game being difficult to play.  Challenging is good, difficult to play is not, and for me Super Cobra is well over the line into difficult to play territory.  I think this is one of the 5200 bottom feeders and every time I decide to give it another chance I instantly regret it.  I have no history with this game or Scramble so maybe if you played these back in the day the game is passable, but I don't care for it at all.

• Like 1

I agree that Scramble deserves to be in everyone's homebrew library. It's a great version and the gameplay is excellent. It's fun to just sit back and watch someone play this game, but you really need to own it. Btw, the CX52's work pretty well with Scramble. Having said that, I always felt that Defender played extremely well with the CX52s, in fact, I only play it with my Best Electronics upgraded CX52s. It was nice to hear Capt. Bob mention that the reason Defender plays so well with the native controllers, is because the dev (Steve Baker) took the joysticks into account. I didn't know it for sure, but I knew it ?

<Edit> Can't wait to hear your seventh partner, Eugenio!

Scramble 5200.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mark Trombly on the Atari 5200 Fanatics! Facebook page shares an update..."Who is ready to start 2021 with something new?

The first run of 8 is just about ready to go!The goal of this project was to connect a modern style USB controller to the 5200 since most people are using this type of thumb-stick.Some cool features; Pause from controller (for games that support pause).Single controller for 2 controller games like Robotron.'Trackball' like mode for games like Gorf or Missle Command."

133746518_1740214682822382_2368047034179507073_o.jpg

135186981_1740152116161972_1050745411027332219_o.jpg

135188135_1740216672822183_7002943344474688696_o.jpg

Cool, how muc

3 hours ago, David Alexander said:

Mark Trombly on the Atari 5200 Fanatics! Facebook page shares an update..."Who is ready to start 2021 with something new?

The first run of 8 is just about ready to go!The goal of this project was to connect a modern style USB controller to the 5200 since most people are using this type of thumb-stick.Some cool features; Pause from controller (for games that support pause).Single controller for 2 controller games like Robotron.'Trackball' like mode for games like Gorf or Missle Command."

133746518_1740214682822382_2368047034179507073_o.jpg

135186981_1740152116161972_1050745411027332219_o.jpg

135188135_1740216672822183_7002943344474688696_o.jpg

Cool, how much are they?