IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

1 hour ago, David Alexander said:

We recorded our Pitfall/Pitfall II Episode last night. It was so long since we last got together we went off on so many tangents. Lots of blooper material.

Now I got to edit this into a intelligible episode.

I also, have to do some filming this afternoon, for the 1-Year Anniversary Special Edition of The Atari Report, in which will go to air tomorrow, in which will mark to the very day, the 1-year anniversary of TAR, and yes I might no doubt have to do some retakes just to make sure I get it right, but yes it will air sometime tomorrow afternoon on that particular YouTube channel (or search "The Atari Report" on YouTube). I'm already cleaned up and groomed so I can be camera-ready, now it's a mater of setting up the lights and cameras for the filming in will commence later on today. There'll even be an overlook at what goes into the filming of each episode you see as well as many ither things you might not know inclduing what my real day job is and also what inspired me to come up with this series/channel, see you then!!! :) 

• Like 1

From Retrogameboyz

New product available - DB15 t0 DB9 keypad module only.
This module gives you full Atari 5200 keypad functionality and allows you to use standard Atari compatible and other types of retro video game joysticks and controllers with DB9-style plug including:
• RetroGameBoyz's new Atari 5200 control pad (for use with module coming soon)
• Sega Genesis and Sega Master system control pads
• Atari 2600 (1 button games only)
• and more!
Keypad will enable you to start, pause, reset and select various menu functions as well as play MOST Atari 5200 2 button games.
(This awesome keypad module designed by RetroGameBoyz uses the DB15 to DB9 adapter created by famed retrogaming enthusiast John Konstantopoylos. John is well known for making this and many other adapters for various game systems and computers. John (ikonsgr) and I are teaming up to re-sell and promote each other's products. )No photo description available.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I finally picked up one of these (now I need/want the keypad). Just arrived...plan on trying it out this weekend.

Boxed.jpg

JS.jpg

I also own one too, I just don't have the Y-adapter for it though. As for the keypad, it is an absolute must as its touch-tone phone-quality keypad is the best you would've found in its day. Good luck. Best to you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I didn't know there was a keypad from Wico for the 5200.  I have the joystick with the Y-cable.  I'll have to see if I can find one of those keypads.

At least I know who'll be bidding against me ?

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:41 PM, David Alexander said:

I looking for somethong else.  He missunderstood.  He thought these were what I was asking for.  But still cool.  Almost like mine.  Hope it helps others and its just as good as mine.

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

How?  Where?  I've been trying to find one!

It was an eBay auction for parts.  I took a chance on the keypad, knowing that their built like tanks and not much can go wrong with them.  The keypad is like new.  The controller was in bad shape, but now I have some spare parts for my working one.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to apologize to the listeners of the podcast. House shopping for the last months plus finally buying a house and packing has really exhausted me. I will be moving this Sunday and it will take a couple of weeks to unpack but after that I will go full steam ahead and get our latest episode edited and up. Thanks for all your patience, Here is Steve's latest 5200 video review:

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:17 AM, sramirez2008 said:

Got one!

Wico Keypad.jpg

I also own the keypad and joystick, but, the numeric keypad does not work, the start, pause and reset buttoms do but not the rest, I even cleaned her up and still dead, I'll try her later on this week and see does anyone know where I can send her, the gold contacts looked good on her, in fact, internally she is nothing more than the same as the keypad configuration for the 5200 Trak-Ball, with the membranes a bit worn, does anyone have a Wico 5200 0-9/*/# keypad repair kit available so I can DIY it here at home like I did with the gold 0-9/*/#/start/pause/reset contacts on my 5200 Trak-Ball using the CX52 gold repair kit buttons I successfully used on it???

Edited by BIGHMW
spelling error
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...