IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

This was an innovation. Never had issues with mine.

l

Yes it was. Ahead of its time. I’ve never had a problem with mine either.

BTW, I purchased a second one (NIB) from Best Electronics a while back, but they have since sold out.

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 1

I love my Atarimax, but there's just something about dip switches...

attachicon.gif5200 Dip Switch Multi-cart.jpg

I got the newer one that uses the SD card. LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!! I have the Ulti-Multi for the BAlly Astrocade and the Odyssey 2 multicart, that both use dip switches, so I feel your pain. I would sell the one you got, and get the newer SD version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently finished Episode 3 of the podcast, and I am really impressed. It looks like both 5200 podcasts took a bit of a break at the beginning of the year. I’m not sure how this coincidence happened? Anyway, I have enjoyed the content of both podcasts. You have successfully talked me into hunting down a 5200. If only for Space Dungeon and the awesome Trak Ball Games . I’m really curious about using the controller that has so much hate in the world of gaming. I look forward to future episodes and the future of this great system. I didn’t realize how much of a 5200 fan the owner of Edladdin controllers is. I’m looking forward to his upcoming 5200 Controller. I never thought about using a Super 78 with the Masterplay clones. That’s something I need to try.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 2

...You have successfully talked me into hunting down a 5200. If only for Space Dungeon and the awesome Trak Ball Games . I’m really curious about using the controller that has so much hate in the world of gaming. I look forward to future episodes and the future of this great system. I didn’t realize how much of a 5200 fan the owner of Edladdin controllers is. I’m looking forward to his upcoming 5200 Controller. I never thought about using a Super 78 with the Masterplay clones. That’s something I need to try.

Hope you locate a system soon. Don't allow the controllers to keep you away. This is an awesome system with excellent arcade ports, hardware support, homebrew support, 8-bit conversions, active podcasts..I could go on and on. :)

• Like 1

I recently finished Episode 3 of the podcast, and I am really impressed. It looks like both 5200 podcasts took a bit of a break at the beginning of the year. I’m not sure how this coincidence happened? Anyway, I have enjoyed the content of both podcasts. You have successfully talked me into hunting down a 5200. If only for Space Dungeon and the awesome Trak Ball Games . I’m really curious about using the controller that has so much hate in the world of gaming. I look forward to future episodes and the future of this great system. I didn’t realize how much of a 5200 fan the owner of Edladdin controllers is. I’m looking forward to his upcoming 5200 Controller. I never thought about using a Super 78 with the Masterplay clones. That’s something I need to try.

Thank you for listening to our show. The Atari 5200 Super Community Podcast is no more. But Willie is still making video's on his ArcadeUSA Youtube channel with his crew casually talking about games. Recently Willie posted asking what new episode listeners want a 5200 or Coleco episode so the 5200 Super Community Podcast might be back.

We on the other hand at the Atari 5200 Podcast have had a very busy year with a lot of changes in our lives, work and home.

We plan to record our next episode mid September.

Please listen to all our episodes as our podcast is focused on getting the most out of your 5200 not just game reviews.

Also check out the Youtube channels Glen Planamento and especially for 5200 alternative controllers Steve Averitts Wired Up Retro Channel.

I hope you pick up a system and keep listening :)

• Like 1

I've never seen both podcasts in a room at the same time. Very suspicious.

It’s usually only visible during the convergence, and only when your thinking about them at the same time. You’d be surprised what you can do when you master the Mystic Arts. Edited by adamchevy

Cool, glad to see that you guys will be returning with the Atari 5200 Podcast! I hope you received an email I sent with feedback. :)

Hi. Capt Bob gets all the feedback so I will check with him. And thanks for sending us the feedback. We are committed to reviewing all 69 games even if it means continuing into our retirement ;)

We should be recording next episode mid Sept., and thanks for listening :)

• Like 2

Thank you for listening to our show. The Atari 5200 Super Community Podcast is no more. But Willie is still making video's on his ArcadeUSA Youtube channel with his crew casually talking about games. Recently Willie posted asking what new episode listeners want a 5200 or Coleco episode so the 5200 Super Community Podcast might be back.

We on the other hand at the Atari 5200 Podcast have had a very busy year with a lot of changes in our lives, work and home.

We plan to record our next episode mid September.

Please listen to all our episodes as our podcast is focused on getting the most out of your 5200 not just game reviews.

Also check out the Youtube channels Glen Planamento and especially for 5200 alternative controllers Steve Averitts Wired Up Retro Channel.

I hope you pick up a system and keep listening :)

Yep, David and the crew are the main "podcast" for the 5200. The Atari 5200 Super Community Podcast is kind of a "sittin' around the living room chat" style about the game being discussed. Its arcade version and the port to the 5200. Besides video, it is on the Atari 5200 Super Community Podcast feed on Itunes as well. The last few AtariCade 5200 episodes I have posted to Itunes have gotten around 750 downloads each on release, so there is a healthy fan base out there for the ole 5200 :). The Atari 5200 Super Community podcast is not trying to compete with The 5200 Podcast but rather hopefully we compliment each other on spreading information on the 5200. The more attention the 5200 can get, the better it will be is our thought :)

• Like 1