Jump to content
David Alexander

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

Recommended Posts

We at the Atari 5200 Podcast love all our Atari 8 bits/consoles. So had to pick up the Quadtari Adapter for the good ole VCS. Fun multiplayer times ahead. Thank you Bite The Chili Productions. A very nice quality constructed Quadtari Adapter.

20210312_083734.jpg

20210312_083748.jpg

20210312_083800.jpg

20210312_083815.jpg

20210312_083829.jpg

20210312_083848.jpg

20210312_083859.jpg

20210312_083920.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 8:02 AM, David Alexander said:

The 5200 crew is coming together in the next few weeks to record our Pitfall 1 & 2 episode. Updates soon :)

Cool!  Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hwy guys I'm catching up on your shows, I noticed in ep. 10 around the 9:50 min mark, the audio goes from stereo to mono for the remainder of the program, just a heads up for the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 9:02 AM, David Alexander said:

The 5200 crew is coming together in the next few weeks to record our Pitfall 1 & 2 episode. Updates soon :)

That's good news, I'm going through withdrawals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that may have wanted one and missed out earlier, the Maker Matrix Atari 5200 controllers are back in stock.👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my latest product review having to do with the Playstation to Atari 5200 controller adapter with two stick compatibility on Robotron 2084 and Space Dungeon.  I also reviewed a 3D-printed product made by Tony Stout that is a fit-over joystick for the 5200 Wico Command Control.  Enjoy!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 8:02 AM, David Alexander said:

The 5200 crew is coming together in the next few weeks to record our Pitfall 1 & 2 episode. Updates soon :)

Any updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Any updates?

I bet they're all still lost in Pitfall II's second cavern.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

I bet they're all still lost in Pitfall II's second cavern.

Or their CX-52 broke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received from Video61.  This game is lots of fun. 1 or 2 player and quite a few configurations. If you're a fan of Solar Fox, I think you'll like this version for the 5200.👍

Cart.jpg

 

Splashscreen.jpg

 

Console.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 8:02 AM, David Alexander said:

The 5200 crew is coming together in the next few weeks to record our Pitfall 1 & 2 episode. Updates soon :)

Hope all is well as we haven't received any updates for a while.  Please don't misunderstand, not trying to rush anything and I sincerely hope that all is well with the gang.🙂

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Hope all is well as we haven't received any updates for a while.  Please don't misunderstand, not trying to rush anything and I sincerely hope that all is well with the gang.🙂

 

 

 

Thank you. Yes we plan to get together soon to record.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

William Culver of ArcadeUSA Youtube channel did a great video on the upcoming IntelliDiscs for the Atari 5200 that will be a must buy for me. Please take a look

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a review vid too David only with not as slick of a production quality. You know where to find it. :) 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, David Alexander said:

Phaser Cat Games is working on a Lock N chase for the Atari 5200.

It's not an official project until the podcast mentions it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

I did a review vid too David only with not as slick of a production quality. You know where to find it. :) 

 

 

Hi, can you kindly post a link to your video here, Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

It's not an official project until the podcast mentions it.

Ryan, I had already pre-ordered Magical fairy Force. Will buy Intellidiscs as soon as available and one copy of Rob' N' Banks sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, David Alexander said:

The 5200 podcast gang is set to record our Pitfall 1&2 Episode :) tomorrow night.

Yes!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, David Alexander said:

Will buy Intellidiscs as soon as available and one copy of Rob' N' Banks sold.

Both of these are instabuy's for me. @Ryan Witmer Ryan, you are on fire. Your game selection, whether original titles or ports, is quite amazing and I look forward to adding these two to my 'Ryan Collection'.😊

 

Note to self...need to schedule road trip to get my games signed by Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, David Alexander said:

Ryan, I had already pre-ordered Magical fairy Force. Will buy Intellidiscs as soon as available and one copy of Rob' N' Banks sold.

Thanks, glad to see people are interested.  Can't wait to get my own copy of MFF, might ship this weekend.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:20 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Both of these are instabuy's for me. @Ryan Witmer Ryan, you are on fire. Your game selection, whether original titles or ports, is quite amazing and I look forward to adding these two to my 'Ryan Collection'.😊

 

Note to self...need to schedule road trip to get my games signed by Ryan.

It's weird that there's enough for a "collection" now.  Someone asked for homebrew games in another thread and after I posted my four, it hit me that I have four games now.  Never really thought about it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...