Sign in to follow this  
Turtlezz

Lynx II Screen lines :(

So I am officially a proud owner of an Atari Lynx II! I've always wanted one of these bad boys, no matter the model. But I got this one, along with a carrying case, some games, and the AC adapter for a great deal!

I just booted it up to play some good ol' Pac-Land, and it was awesome! Only one problemo, though.....

There are these lines on the screen. I assume the LCD went bad in some way. It doesn't make playing impossible or anything, but it's a hindrance nonetheless. I'm just going to assume, as well, that the only way to fix it is by replacing the screen. I am willing to pay for a screen repair!

Thank You, and remember to always ask your self: "Have you played Atari today?" ;)

post-47138-0-52119300-1470535996_thumb.jpg

post-47138-0-26743500-1470536003_thumb.jpg

post-47138-0-99809600-1470536075_thumb.jpg

Two options on this one: Get another stock LCD (I have a few), or get out the $$ and do the McWill screen upgrade and never look back. Either myself or Krip316 can help in that dept. Check my signature for details.

• Like 1

Mine has one line going across the screen too. Occasionally it will go away. At some point I want a mcwill screen upgrade. How much $ for the screen and install?

Something like $140 shipped to USA plus about 1 hour if you can do the mod yourself. If not, a 6 pack of good quality beer should get a local experienced friend to do the mod.