IGNORED

The Compact Computer 40 (CC40)

Lots of great info except for one thing, what device is it? trying it on my cc-40

Greg

Made one of these today, and was able to use my PC-324 printer on my CC-40.

To use CC-40 peripherals on the 74, you just need to buy some 1x10 cables off of Ebay.

I wonder if the 74 and the 40 have the capability of addressing each other over Hexbus?

c04bb7ff7cc827cdd9e7e81445459530.jpg
d32fd426b92195a28fba2ba101862499.jpg
5f847d74f6e74388d805786bae7ea7af.jpg

• Like 1

How about the disk emulation how's that going?

Greg

Sorry about the delay. Had a few things on my bench I had to clear first.

I think the disk emulation is good enough to send out. I am going to try to squeeze a small bootloader onto the uC so I can field update the code, and then I will kit up some units for folks to solder and try, using the original board I had run. With that complete, I'll await the bug reports that will no doubt arrive (I know there are gaps, but there always are), and then start laying out a production board.

Not to state the obvious, but I would not trust the device with anything precious at this time. I am confident the FAT16/32 library is solid (it's a fork of FatFS that support long file names), but the HexBus protocol is still in flux.

Jim

Edited by brain
  • Like 3

Sorry about the delay. Had a few things on my bench I had to clear first.

I think the disk emulation is good enough to send out. I am going to try to squeeze a small bootloader onto the uC so I can field update the code, and then I will kit up some units for folks to solder and try, using the original board I had run. With that complete, I'll await the bug reports that will no doubt arrive (I know there are gaps, but there always are), and then start laying out a production board.

Not to state the obvious, but I would not trust the device with anything precious at this time. I am confident the FAT16/32 library is solid (it's a fork of FatFS that support long file names), but the HexBus protocol is still in flux.

Jim

Sweet.

We will see if we can figure out how to maybe import existing CC-40 programs onto the card to try them out. Can't wait!

BTW, I put a close up of the 74 Dockbus to CC-40 Hexbus adapter pinout a couple messages about this reply if you want to double check that adapter board as well.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Jim

Sooooo... I should cancel all the orders from hospitals? Seems rather imprudent. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Sounds Great. No problem on offering to help with

De bugging the new board for CC-40 floppy emulation.

Do you also have any extra preproduction boards

You might want to sell ? Also have you had any

Time to draw a working schematic of the new

Design ?

Thanks for any help or info

Lee

Hi Jim,

Design ?

Lee

Hey Lee - someone said you might have some developer docs on the CC40. I understand you have a lot of spare units and the programming hardware from previous emails. What kind of documents do you have? Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sweet.

We will see if we can figure out how to maybe import existing CC-40 programs onto the card to try them out. Can't wait!

BTW, I put a close up of the 74 Dockbus to CC-40 Hexbus adapter pinout a couple messages about this reply if you want to double check that adapter board as well.

Thanks!

I've already done this. From the TIIF2 archive (Peter Engels), get onto a DOS box and use the TIFR TIC95.exe executable.

I converted all of the apps in the cc40 papers text file.

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Design ?

Lee

Actually, I was going to kit up the pre-prod boards and sell them.

Then, I was going to take suggestions on the prod board (I know folks want dual hex bus connectors, but what footprint, etc.

Jim

• Like 2

I've already done this. From the TIIF2 archive (Peter Engels), get onto a DOS box and use the TIFR TIC95.exe executable.

I converted all of the apps in the cc40 papers text file.

I remember someone here (Vorticon?) had quite a few programs as well.

Thanks, Jim!!!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Actually, I was going to kit up the pre-prod boards and sell them.

Then, I was going to take suggestions on the prod board (I know folks want dual hex bus connectors, but what footprint, etc.

Jim

Count me in.

I'm also going to try to post some high res pics of the cassette interface cable here in the next week or two for the TI-74. I finally got ahold of one a few weeks ago. I'll also dump the cassette saves as well; whomever does the 74 emulation in MAME might be interested in how the format different from the 4A. I'd also like to take a CC-40+ cassette program that I saved and see if the 74 reads it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I love my 74. Used it in my bio and chem classes in both calculator and BASIC mode with a couple of programs I wrote for the latter. Mind you, since I have no way to save them they were pretty simple programs :) It is a fantastic statistical calculator.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply back about the preproduction boards.

Let me know when you are ready, cost and such.

Just drop me a e-mail

Also any word on a workable Schematic Diagram ?

The entire project is at https://github.com/go4retro/HEXTIrand the schematic is at: https://github.com/go4retro/HEXTIr/tree/master/pcb Was there something else you wanted?