IGNORED

The Compact Computer 40 (CC40)

2 hours ago, brain said:

Not to be pedantic, but the SD-interface *DOES* have a printer and a serial interface, depending on how folks configure their hardware.  I will concede that they are less used than the SD interface, but I don't think we can say they are unneeded for normal operation.  If you were using the printer or the serial, they absolutely are needed ?

But, yes, you can comment one or both out, and reduce the code size.

Jim

Ideally the code gets optimized in order to allow use of all functions, although I am OK selectively switching off functions depending on need.

• Like 1

Following John Guidry's instructions... everything works but "MP", the Memo Processor. All other programs seem fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong, like not adding the diode on The G04Retro board, or doing something with the bottom pads labeled P25.2 and P25.3?

IMG_4543 (2).jpg

Edited by towmater

Quick observation. Both the serial and printer functions need to be disabled in the code for the program to properly load into the Uno. Taking out the printer function alone gives several errors. 

With serial off, I still should be able to have an RS232 peripheral hooked up directly to the CC40 with the SD drive daisy chained to it and everything should function normally, correct?

6 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Quick observation. Both the serial and printer functions need to be disabled in the code for the program to properly load into the Uno. Taking out the printer function alone gives several errors. 

With serial off, I still should be able to have an RS232 peripheral hooked up directly to the CC40 with the SD drive daisy chained to it and everything should function normally, correct?

Can you provide me the errors?  The goal of the project is to be able to compile as any combination of peripherals, drive, clock, serial, printer, so any errors should be bugs that we can fix.  Mind you, Peter and I are working on the code right now, and since I am using releases for "good" versions, the changes are in master, so I'd not recommend dloading the tip of the repo right now, as there might be errors (I'm swatting the bugs as I find them or folks find them for me).

You cna also record the errors on the github repo under "issues" link, and I can work them from there.

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, brain said:

Can you provide me the errors?  The goal of the project is to be able to compile as any combination of peripherals, drive, clock, serial, printer, so any errors should be bugs that we can fix.  Mind you, Peter and I are working on the code right now, and since I am using releases for "good" versions, the changes are in master, so I'd not recommend dloading the tip of the repo right now, as there might be errors (I'm swatting the bugs as I find them or folks find them for me).

You cna also record the errors on the github repo under "issues" link, and I can work them from there.

Thanks.

Below is what I get with the printer disabled but with serial included. If I take out both, then I still get the warnings but not the verification error at the end and the program works.

sketch\drive.cpp: In function 'void hex_drv_verify(pab_t*)':
sketch\drive.cpp:303:35: warning: invalid conversion from 'BYTE {aka unsigned char}' to 'FRESULT' [-fpermissive]
         rc = fresult2hexstatus(res);
                                   ^
sketch\drive.cpp:205:20: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT)'
 static hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT fr) {
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sketch\main.cpp: In function 'int main()':
sketch\main.cpp:385:1: warning: function declared 'noreturn' has a 'return' statement
 }
 ^
Sketch uses 31308 bytes (97%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 1618 bytes (79%) of dynamic memory, leaving 430 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x7800
         0xff != 0x2d
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

6 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Below is what I get with the printer disabled but with serial included. If I take out both, then I still get the warnings but not the verification error at the end and the program works.

sketch\drive.cpp: In function 'void hex_drv_verify(pab_t*)':
sketch\drive.cpp:303:35: warning: invalid conversion from 'BYTE {aka unsigned char}' to 'FRESULT' [-fpermissive]
         rc = fresult2hexstatus(res);
                                   ^
sketch\drive.cpp:205:20: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT)'
 static hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT fr) {
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sketch\main.cpp: In function 'int main()':
sketch\main.cpp:385:1: warning: function declared 'noreturn' has a 'return' statement
 }
 ^
Sketch uses 31308 bytes (97%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 1618 bytes (79%) of dynamic memory, leaving 430 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x7800
         0xff != 0x2d
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Hm, that is odd, as that's an error from programming, not compilation (I did, though, find a way to fix those two warnings in the latest HEAD revision).  Does it have the same issue on any other Arduino boards you might hying around?  I'll check a few here.

Jim

1 minute ago, brain said:

Hm, that is odd, as that's an error from programming, not compilation (I did, though, find a way to fix those two warnings in the latest HEAD revision).  Does it have the same issue on any other Arduino boards you might hying around?  I'll check a few here.

Jim

I only have this one at the moment...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can’t remember if someone here showed what is required to connect a TI-40 or TI-74 to a VGA or any other kind of external display. 

I just watched a nice implementation for the HP-71b to be connected via WiFi to an iPad... 

In case some of you are interested, here is the link: 

wouldn’t it be nice implementing something like this for our old loved TI’s?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Cervantes said:

Can’t remember if someone here showed what is required to connect a TI-40 or TI-74 to a VGA or any other kind of external display. 

I just watched a nice implementation for the HP-71b to be connected via WiFi to an iPad... 

It's on my list, but time is short at present.  Not sure how generally useful it will be as I think only a few have availed themselves of HEX-TI-r units, so demand appears to be low.

jim

• Like 1

It's on my list, but time is short at present.  Not sure how generally useful it will be as I think only a few have availed themselves of HEX-TI-r units, so demand appears to be low.

jim

What did you make them? Did i miss an announcement? I don't see them in your store..

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, brain said:

jim

If they are available, I do need to snag a few of them. . .I have a lot of things that use Hex-Bus peripherals.

6 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

What did you make them? Did i miss an announcement? I don't see them in your store..

No, I was talking about yours that you sell.

Maybe I'm wrong and you're selling tons of them.

• Like 1

Just now, arcadeshopper said:

Ok I thought you were making at smaller unit.

I do have a board designed, produced and sitting on the desk to be stuffed, but it didn't look like demand was high, and I didn't want to poach stuff from your efforts.

Jim

On 3/18/2021 at 1:46 AM, Hugo Cervantes said:

I think, that this could not be done. The CC40/TI74 doesn't have any kind of a trace-mode, which is needed to echo the characters in the display on the Hexbus. The only things which can be displayed on an external screen are LIST and PRINT commands. TIIF2 offers that at device 45.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

It is now possible to use HEXTIr with the TI-95 Procalc. To do this, you have to download the TIIF.zip archive from this website 

http://pengels.bplaced.net/index.php/tiif

This contains the EFL subdirectory with the instructions. The small file EFL95 must be copied into the main directory of an SD card, which is then inserted into the HEXTIr. A PC interface is not required. Everything else is described in the text file: „How to load EFL95.txt“. I have adapted the program so that it can be used with the PC interface and with HEXTIr and with pengels help several old bugs could be fixed. If the file extension .B95 is used when saving TI-95 programs, then it can be edited on the PC with TIIF2.exe

• Like 2

Can you share any more details on what this EFL95 does and why it is needed?  Not disputing the need, I want to appreciate the effort, but I'm not sure what the issue was that was addressed...

Jim

Basically you needed a device called the PC interface to be able to link the 95 to any kind of storage this replaces that requirement and you do not need any other hardware now but the drive

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk